Medical Technologist/MLT, Stafford Hospital, FT, Nights
City/State: Stafford, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Night (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-2698
Job Department: 2504250 SH-Pathology
Job Posted Date: Mar 22, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to perform routine laboratory tests and specimen collection and to enter test results in the computer-based data system in order to assist in diagnosis to provide quality patient care. The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Under the direction of a medical technologist, supervisor or lead technologist, performs accurate routine and occasional specialized technical procedures in accordance with established procedures and in a reliable manner.
- Performs quality control on instruments, equipment and reagents in order to maintain high quality of laboratory services and in accordance with all regulatory requirements.
- In accordance with departmental and regulatory guidelines, evaluates abnormal test results and resolve instrument problems to ensure validity of reported results.
- Enters test results in laboratory computer system accurately and promptly to ensure expected turn-around times.
- In a professional manner, interfaces with physicians, hospital departments and other professionals regarding test results, concerns, and analysis.
- Monitors equipment and supplies in order to maintain adequate inventory levels to ensure continuous operation.
- Performs proficiency testing on both external and internal specimens in order to maintain adherence to all regulatory requirements.
- Assists with training of new Associates as well as ensure own competencies by participating in all educational in-services and monthly proficiency testing programs.
- Collects and label blood specimens for the laboratory in compliance with department's needs and expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate of Science with a degree as a Medical Laboratory Technician, or equivalent military training/certification as a Medical Laboratory Technician and have been determined to be ASCP eligible.
- ASCP certification as a Medical Laboratory Technician required or eligible or NCA certification required or eligible.
- One to two years relevant experience preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine