City/State: Stafford, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 4Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-438
Job Department: 4054305 MIF-NStafford-Radiology-Diag
Job Posted Date: Sep 25, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to perform a variety of clerical, reception, and support functions that will ensure timely and effective day-to-day operations and communications in a specified department. This includes answering telephones, greeting patients, scheduling patient appointments, maintaining records, monitoring flow, and relaying accurate information. This position supports the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients and their families, the community, the physicians, and our Associates.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Consistently greets all patients, visitors, family members, physicians, and Associates in a courteous and professional manner. Addresses customers’ needs efficiently, effectively, and confidentially.
- Answers telephones courteously, professionally, and by the third ring. Screens or transfers telephone calls and takes messages as appropriate to facilitate effective communications. Delivers messages in a timely manner.
- Maintains an organized and efficient reception area. Monitors patient schedules, workflow, and activities of all modalities to assure a smooth and coordinated traffic flow. Assures that patients, family members, and Associates are kept informed of activities and delays.
- Creates an atmosphere that promotes customer service excellence. Resolves or escalates customer complaints in a timely manner
- Performs routine but essential clerical and support functions under the direction of a specified Manager to ensure smooth and effective day-to-day operations of the department.
- Adheres to departmental policies, procedures, standards, and protocols to ensure effective departmental operations and quality patient care.
- Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of office supplies and materials, as well as any written guides or patient information, to ensure smooth operations in the reception work area and non-interruption of patient services.
- Takes customers to their designation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Six months to One year previous experience as a receptionist or unit secretary in a healthcare setting required.
- Excellent communication skills, Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work with physicians, staff, and patients in a courteous, confidential and efficient manner.
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records systems preferred.
- Legible handwriting.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.