Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg Facility Supervisor-Full Time
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-4758
Job Department: 4054302 MIF-Radiology-Diagnostic
Job Posted Date: Aug 17, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position efficiently and effectively supervises the daily processes of Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg, LLC and assures compliance with all policies, procedures, regulatory, and accreditation standards. The Facility Supervisor assists leadership and physicians in maintaining the highest degree of clinical/operational performance and customer satisfaction. Additionally, the Facility Supervisor supports the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients and their families, the community, the physicians, and our Associates.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Oversees departmental operations and manages resources; assists Radiology management in developing, administering, and monitoring the departmental budget to ensure cost-effective operations.
- Manages scheduling and imaging of patients. Performs radiographic examinations and provides direct patient care as needed.
- Demonstrates clinical competency on an annual basis as evidenced by completion of a Competency Based Orientation Tool for Clinical Associates. Conducts staff meetings.
- Orients, supervises, and evaluates the performance of the Radiology staff.
- Oversees Associate development and training programs; reviews and evaluates core competencies.
- Assists leadership with the development, revision, and enforcement of departmental policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Enforces all safety policies and procedures to ensure quality care, efficiency, and compliance.
- Ensures regulatory compliance. Effectively interacts with students, providing supervision and instruction. Collaborates with the MWH School of Radiologic Technology to ensure successful execute of the Radiology cross-training program.
- Serves as a liaison between staff, physicians, other healthcare providers, and customers.
- Establishes effective work relationships and maintains effective communications with all customers.
- Evaluates and resolves customer satisfaction and quality/performance issues in a timely manner.
- Creates an environment that promotes customer service excellence.
- In collaboration with the Physician Director, conducts subject research, evaluates, recommends, and implements new programs, services, technologies, and operations tools.
- Assists management with strategic and performance planning and initiatives, and the maintenance and input of data into reporting systems.
- Utilizes a FOCUS PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) approach to improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- ARRT registered in Radiologic Technology, ARDMS registered in Ultrasound, ARMRIT registered in Magnetic Resonance Imaging, or NMTCB registered in Nuclear Medicine required.
- CPR required.
- VA license in Radiologic Technology required for ARRT.
- Completion of an accredited two-year program in Radiologic Technology or equivalent required.
- Three (3) years relevant experience in Radiologic Technology required.
- One to two (1-2) years supervisory experience preferred.
- Cross trained in CT or Ultrasound preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine