Medical Concierge (Outreach)
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-4257
Job Department: 1007240 MWHC-PR & Marketing
Job Posted Date: Jul 13, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Medical Concierge (Outreach) is responsible for supporting the health and wellness of a targeted community population by providing educational opportunities, individualized wellness support and medical referrals to MWHC programs and providers. The Medical Concierge (Outreach) will be expected to work independently and manage the workload effectively.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Initiates, establishes, and maintains effective relationships with individual community members to support wellness needs and provide referrals to MWHC-affiliated programs and providers; includes door-to-door outreach efforts.
- Identifies and addresses individual community members’ health and wellness needs by recommending MWHC programs and services.
- Assists community members with the scheduling, coordination and registration of medical appointments, hospital services, care coordination services, and transportation to/from medical services. Assists community members with insurance verification and authorization processes as needed.
- Develops and communicates wellness screenings, programs, and educational opportunities for community members in collaboration with MWHC program stakeholders and subject matter experts (i.e. heart health, nutrition, etc.).
- Documents and compiles data for program success measurement to include MWHC referrals, individual encounters, community engagement, etc. Generates relevant reports as needed.
- Collaborates with MWHC stakeholders to match individuals to MHWC-affiliated providers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, Marketing or a related field is required.
- Three years public relations or community service experience required; healthcare experience preferred.
- Ability to work early morning, evening, and occasional weekend hours required.
- Proficient with PC systems including Excel, Power Point and other database programs preferred.
- Excellent communications and customer service skills, required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine