Medical Assistant / X-Ray Tech PRN
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 4Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-455
Job Department: 4954603 MWUC - Stafford
Job Posted Date: Sep 25, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The position is responsible for registering, collecting payments, rooming, assisting the provider with care and treatment, discharging, and following-up with patients. The role accompanies patients and guests through the entire experience to maximize clinical excellence, reduce treatment times, and maximize the patient experience; before, during, and after the patient visit. The position is responsible for assisting the provider with front office and back office duties in the outpatient management of patients on a rotating basis. Acting as the patient advocate, the role has continuous contact with providers, patients, patient families/significant others, community agencies, and patient care staff and management.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Welcomes patients and guests to the Urgent Care facility, inquires the purpose and nature of the visit.
- Collects identification and payor related documentation, conducts patient registration, and performs point of service collection.
- Measures and collects patient data including temperature, pulse, oxygen saturation, respirations, blood pressure, height, weight, and, in indicated pediatric patients, length and head circumference.
- Conducts hearing and vision screenings. Communicates the data and results to the patient.
- Documents all data accurately into the patient medical record.
- Collects and documents, in the patient medical record, patient reason for visit and chief complaint, allergies, health history, and current medications for review by provider.
- Completes, when appropriate, standard operating procedures (convenience and clinical) to optimize patient comfort and throughput.
- Prepares patients for radiologic procedures. Performs X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety
- Documents radiology procedures performed on the order/encounter form. Types and files reports as requested.
- Ensures images are transferred to radiology group.
- Prepares patients for examinations and procedures.
- Assists provider with patient care.
- At the direction and delegation of the provider, performs approved lab tests and diagnostic testing, prepares and administers designed medications (oral, subcutaneous, intradermal, intramuscular), instills eye drops, and applies topical medications.
- Organizes, schedules, completes, and communication primary care, specialist, and ancillary referrals to patients.
- Maintains patient care supplies and medications, and quality checks and assurances throughout the Urgent Care facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Completion of an accredited two-year program in Radiologic Technology or equivalent required.
- VA State Radiologic Technologist Licensure required.
- American Heart Association (BLS for Health Care Providers) required.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office and email required.
- Health Care facility clinical experience required.
- Previous experience in phlebotomy, as a medical office assistant, or C.N.A or equivalent experience with an electronic health record.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, urgent care medical specialty, and/or EPIC, preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.