Medical Assistant / X-Ray Tech PRN
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 4Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-455
Job Department: 4954603 MWUC - Stafford
Job Posted Date: Sep 25, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The position is responsible for registering, collecting payments, rooming, assisting the provider with care and treatment, discharging, and following-up with patients. The role accompanies patients and guests through the entire experience to maximize clinical excellence, reduce treatment times, and maximize the patient experience; before, during, and after the patient visit. The position is responsible for assisting the provider with front office and back office duties in the outpatient management of patients on a rotating basis. Acting as the patient advocate, the role has continuous contact with providers, patients, patient families/significant others, community agencies, and patient care staff and management.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Welcomes patients and guests to the Urgent Care facility, inquires the purpose and nature of the visit.
- Collects identification and payor related documentation, conducts patient registration, and performs point of service collection.
- Measures and collects patient data including temperature, pulse, oxygen saturation, respirations, blood pressure, height, weight, and, in indicated pediatric patients, length and head circumference.
- Conducts hearing and vision screenings. Communicates the data and results to the patient.
- Documents all data accurately into the patient medical record.
- Collects and documents, in the patient medical record, patient reason for visit and chief complaint, allergies, health history, and current medications for review by provider.
- Completes, when appropriate, standard operating procedures (convenience and clinical) to optimize patient comfort and throughput.
- Prepares patients for radiologic procedures. Performs X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety
- Documents radiology procedures performed on the order/encounter form. Types and files reports as requested.
- Ensures images are transferred to radiology group.
- Prepares patients for examinations and procedures.
- Assists provider with patient care.
- At the direction and delegation of the provider, performs approved lab tests and diagnostic testing, prepares and administers designed medications (oral, subcutaneous, intradermal, intramuscular), instills eye drops, and applies topical medications.
- Organizes, schedules, completes, and communication primary care, specialist, and ancillary referrals to patients.
- Maintains patient care supplies and medications, and quality checks and assurances throughout the Urgent Care facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Completion of an accredited two-year program in Radiologic Technology or equivalent required.
- VA State Radiologic Technologist Licensure required.
- American Heart Association (BLS for Health Care Providers) required.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office and email required.
- Health Care facility clinical experience required.
- Previous experience in phlebotomy, as a medical office assistant, or C.N.A or equivalent experience with an electronic health record.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, urgent care medical specialty, and/or EPIC, preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine