City/State: King George, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-1282
Job Department: 4954604 MWUC-King George
Job Posted Date: Nov 19, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Medical Assistant – Concierge is responsible for registering, collecting payments, rooming, assisting the provider with care and treatment, discharging, and following-up with patients. It is the role of the Medical Assistant – Concierge to escort patients and their and companions through the entire experience to include before, during, and after the patient visit.
The position is responsible for assisting the provider with front- and back-office duties. This position works under the direction of the Urgent Care Manager or designee and the on-duty provider and works closely with the provider and other clinical staff. Acting as the patient advocate, the Medical Assistant – Concierge has continuous contact with providers, patients, patient families/significant others, community agencies, and patient care staff and management.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Welcomes the patient and secondary guest(s) to the center and inquires the purpose and nature of the visit.
- Collects identification and payor related documentation, conducts patient registration, and performs point of service collection.
- Measures and collects patient data including temperature, pulse, oxygen saturation, respirations, blood pressure, height, weight, and, in indicated pediatric patients, length and head circumference. Conducts hearing and vision screenings. Communicates the data and results to the patient.
- Collects and documents in the patient medical record patient reason for visit and chief complaint, allergies, health history, and current medications for review by provider.
- Prepares patients for examinations and procedures. Assists provider with patient care. At the direction and delegation of the provider, performs approved lab tests and diagnostic testing, prepares and administers designated medications (ex. oral, subcutaneous, intradermal, intramuscular), instills eye drops, and supplies topical medications.
- Organizes, schedules, completes, and communicates primary care, specialist, and ancillary referrals to patients.
- Maintain patient care supplies and medications, and quality checks and assurances throughout the facility.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Qualifications Required:
- High school or GED equivalent
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office and Email. Health Care facility clinical experience. Previous experience performing phlebotomy role
- Ability to perform phlebotomy and administer injections.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, including correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Minimum of one year of phlebotomy experience
- Previous experience with an electronic health record system
- Knowledge of urgent care medical specialty.
- Knowledge of EPIC.
- Exceptional customer service and phone etiquette.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
License and/or Certifications Required:
- Successful completion of a Certified Medical Assistant Program
- American Heart Association (CPR for Health Care Providers)
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.