Med Tech, Laboratory Quality Assurance
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-5498
Job Department: 2004250 MWH-Pathology
Job Posted Date: Sep 24, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Jon Summary:
This position is responsible for monitoring and oversight of the department’s performance improvement program, quality initiatives, and compliance with accreditation and regulatory standards. In addition, this position will support the Point of Care Technologist with the monitoring of the Point of Care testing program throughout the organization.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating, collating, and monitoring various quality improvement initiatives for the department.
- Responsible for coordinating, collating, and monitoring benchmarking activities such as Turn-around-Time initiatives for the department.
- Responsible for collating and monitoring of Occurrence/VERGE reports, trending documentation and analysis.
- Utilizes various IT software platforms to create charts, reports, etc. for presentation of data to laboratory and medical staff leadership team.
- Coordinates the Quality Improvement program for the Department of Pathology with support from the laboratory and medical staff leadership team.
- Maintains Medical Technology competency, works a minimum threshold of hours per month as determined by Leadership.
- Supports the daily operations of the point of care testing program as needed.
- Assists with the monitoring of point of care testing equipment and supplies to maintain adequate inventory levels ensuring continuous operations. Assists in training Associates in technical procedures and instrument operations used in point of care testing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology required, or Bachelor’s degree with an ASCP or AMT certification for Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Scientist or eligible.
- Four (4) years experience in Medical Technology.
- Competent in use of Word, Excel, Power point and other IT software platforms required.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills required.
- Experience in QC review and Quality Improvement preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine