Ultrasound Sonographer (MFM)-FT Days Sign On Bonus!
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 36Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-3267
Job Department: 2004075 MWH-WCCC-Maternal Fetal Med
Job Posted Date: Jun 09, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to prepare patients for exams and perform obstetrical and in some cases gynecologic ultrasound exams in accordance with physician’s orders. The Ultrasonographer will prepare images and reports of the examination/results in a timely, accurate manner to facilitate diagnosis and ensure quality patient care. Additionally, the Ultrasonographer will provide these services to outpatients and inpatients. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public and our co-workers.
The Maternal Fetal Medicine Team at Mary Washington wants to provide the highest level of care for pregnant women in the Central Virginia region. Our Maternal Fetal Specialists are on-site to review images with the sonographers. We love to teach and are looking for sonographers who are excited to learn. Our practice is accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM).
**There are no evenings or weekend on call requirements for this role.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs specialized obstetric, fetal, and gynecologic diagnostic ultrasound examinations in order to detect fetal anomalies, evaluate fetal anatomy, and detect gynecologic anomalies.
- Assists physician in performance of invasive diagnostic or surgical procedures.
- Provides patient support and education during ultrasound exam.
- Performs fetal monitoring (fetal well-being) tests on indicated patients, (biophysical profiles and umbilical artery and middle cerebral artery and venous studies, among others.).
- Following the established AIUM and ACOG guidelines for OB/GYN ultrasound examinations, performs and documents the appropriate images for the study indicated in order to provide the physician with comprehensive views to give an accurate interpretive report.
- Facilitates lines of communication between the patient and the physician..
- Maintains adequate supplies for the performance of all diagnostic and surgical procedures performed at Maternal Fetal Medicine.
- Maintains continuing medical education credits by attending ultrasound seminars each year.
- Maintains an active status in American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Society and the Central Virginia Diagnostic Medical Society.
- Stays current with OB/GYN literature by reading professional journals and books.
- Orders medical supplies from appropriate vendors in order to maintain a sufficient inventory.
- Provides consultation to administrative staff at Maternal Fetal Medicine in scheduling patients and accommodating non-routine referrals.
- Communicates effectively with patients and their families in difficult and anxious settings and provides appropriate and supportive patient care.
- Ensures that the examination rooms and equipment are cleaned daily and are prepared for aseptic or sterile procedures.
- Adheres to aseptic technique during the performance of a diagnostic or surgical procedure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position qualifies for a $5,000 sign on bonus!
- Must be RDMS registered in OB.
- NT (Nuclear Translucency) certification required within 6 months of hire date. CLEAR (Cervical Length Education and Review) certification required within 6 months of hire date.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required
- One year of experience operating GE or similar Ultrasound Machines.
- One year of experience operating ultrasound reporting software such as a Viewpoint or similar EHR and archival/PACS systems for ultrasound examinations.
- Experience with OB/GYN ultrasound with a minimum of 2 years experience in an OB/GYN practice environment or a High Risk OB or MFM practice environment preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of physiology and anatomy, both female/maternal and fetal.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.