Manager, Volunteer Services
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Healthcare Leader
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-1095
Job Department: 2007415 MWH-Volunteers
Job Posted Date: Nov 10, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Manager of Volunteer Services is responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining an exemplary and comprehensive volunteer program that serves the needs of Mary Washington Healthcare (MWHC) through the use of community and individual volunteers. The position works with the Auxiliary Board. This position’s success should ultimately result in volunteers with a deep engagement and commitment to MWHC and the vision of excellent compassionate healthcare, always.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Design and deliver services in conjunction with Auxiliary Board
- Develops annual/quarterly plans in coordination with MWHC teams to forecast demand for volunteer services. Develops annual/quarterly outreach and communication plans to identify prospects and recruitment goals.
- Works with all departments to assess needs in individual areas. Creates job descriptions to support those needs.
- Recruits and interviews Volunteer Candidates. Ensures volunteers are adequately trained and oriented to their assigned departments.
- Adheres to all Joint Commission of Accreditation Standards and reflects those standards in training, orienting and processing of volunteers.
- Benchmarks and develops best practices on Volunteer system.
- Develops all necessary records and forms for the department to document the administration of Volunteer Services. Maintains adequate supplies for the efficient operation of the department.
- Promotes community interest in the volunteer program and the hospital through speaking engagements, special receptions, hospital tours and other public relations activities.
- Coordinates the annual volunteer recognition event and any other events that support volunteers.
- Develops Junior Volunteer program that promotes student interest in volunteerism.
- Develops volunteer communication tools (e.g., web tools, newsletter, etc.)
- Develops and implements systems to monitor and manage the performance of volunteers.
- Assesses and increases volunteer satisfaction through development and implementation of volunteer satisfaction surveys.
- Participates in the appropriate process improvement programs, demonstrating continuous improvement in patient outcomes by assessing and improving the performance of care and services provided.
- Develop strategic / tactical planning and lead effective and efficient volunteer program to support MWHC vision.
- Coordinate with Auxiliary Board and MWHC Teams to provide volunteer program within the system and at off-site events.
- Builds and maintains positive and effective partnerships with the program’s customers. Responsible for issue resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Prepare and administer the annual department budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required in Business or related field.
- 2-5 years in related field including 1-2 years in management/supervisory capacity where demonstrated leadership abilities and strategic thinking.
- Highly organized
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to present to individuals, groups, and the public
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.