Manager, Training -- Organization Development
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Healthcare Leader
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-2078
Job Department: 1007357 MWHC-Org. Development
Job Posted Date: Jan 27, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Training Manager leads a team responsible for training program and project management, logistics, performance support, and learning management system administration.
This position oversees training operations including design, development, execution, reporting, and measurement for large-scale organizational initiatives, and serves as an expert resource to internal stakeholders for a variety of functional and technical training needs.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Works effectively across the organization to identify training needs and to manage cross functional, complex, high-priority learning and performance support solutions.
- Oversees implementation and evaluation of multiple training projects and programs simultaneously ensuring resources are appropriately allocated to achieve goals and objectives. Designs, develops, and facilitates training content and programs as needed.
- Serves as an internal consultant and subject matter expert to managers, educators and other stakeholders to ensure training programs are aligned with organizational priorities, apply modern instructional design and adult learning theory, positively impact performance and maintain compliance with internal requirements and external regulations.
- Selects, develops, coaches, and evaluates staff and manages budget to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the training function.
- Establishes, communicates, and reinforces consistent learning management system, technology, and instructional design standards, methods and processes for the development and deployment of learning content and performance support across the organization.
- Promotes adoption and utilization learning technology by providing the right support, training, and resources at the right time.
- Identifies and manages relationships and service level agreements with training and performance technology vendors and third-party content providers.
- Cultivates a network of trainers across the organization, manages “train the trainer” programs, and oversees a formal peer learning process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Training and Development, Education, Business, or related field required.
- Extensive experience in the design, development, facilitation, and evaluation of learning content to include live and virtual training delivery.
- Minimum of 3 years learning project and program management experience that includes managing multiple cross-functional projects and initiatives simultaneously and maintaining positive stakeholder relationships in a complex organization.
- Prior experience with Workday ERP, especially with Workday Learning preferred.
- Prior experience with performance support technology including WalkMe preferred.
- Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) or other industry related certification(s) preferred.
- Demonstrated success managing a team with a track record of high performance.
- Advanced knowledge of adult learning theory, instructional design and learning technology including course authoring tools and learning management system administration.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and to adapt quickly to changing circumstances, processes, and priorities.
- Experience measuring and reporting on the business impact of training initiatives.
- Advanced computer and software proficiency including at least intermediate level competency with Microsoft 365 applications.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.