Manager, Ryan White Program
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Healthcare Leader
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-6067
Job Department: 4006951 Ryan White Grant(s)
Job Posted Date: Nov 02, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Manager, Ryan White Program is responsible for handling federally-funded services, projects, and requirements for the Ryan White Grant program at Mary Washington Healthcare (MWHC). Under the advisory assistance of the Medical Director and authority of the MWHC Grant Management Program, the Manager performs day to day oversight of the program’s development/planning, implementation/operation, and adherence to grantors legislative and program requirements and expectations through the monitoring and evaluation of systems. The Program Manager collaborates with the Medical Director of the Mary Washington Medical Group/Infectious Disease (MWMG/ID) practice, the VP of Ambulatory Services and other departments within MWHC, outside support service agencies, and medical providers to meet goals set forth by grantors in requests for applications and proposals (RFA/RFP). This position must consistently demonstrate a commitment to quality service to our patients, the public, and our co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Authors Ryan White competitive grants and continuation proposals, including needs assessments, progress reports as required, work plans, and budget.
- Develops strategic initiatives for grant program and participates in strategic planning process.
- Functions as the designated point of contact for grantors or administrative agents (e.g. HRSA, NVRC, HAHSTA) to relay new or changing information, request reports or data, set up conference calls, in-person meetings, or training and is expected to disseminate communications to appropriate entities in a timely manner while cultivating unity and understanding.
- Develops and manages Ryan White Grant budget allocations and is responsible for monitoring and reporting grant expenditures and program revenue to ensure that budget targets are met.
- Oversees grant team members, ensuring completion of all monthly, quarterly, annual, pre-award, post-award, and ad-hoc reporting requirements.
- Responsible for final submission of all grant reports and required documentation in accordance with federal, state, and agency guidelines and time periods.
- Interfaces with other departments within the health system to ensure all grant applications and grant programs comply with applicable regulations.
- Works with Medical Director and Vice President of Ambulatory Services to review policies and procedures related to HIV Outpatient Ambulatory Medical Care for the achievement of quality standards and best practices set forth by National HIV/AIDS Strategy and Ryan White CARE Act regardless of patient’s payer source.
- Attends grant-related consortium or committee meetings as designated by HRSA, NVRC, HAHSTA, and other federal, state or local agencies.
- Works with staff to ensure agenda for required Consumer Advisory Board meeting is aligned with the overall program’s mission.
- Responsible for recruitment, selection, orientation, and retention process for departmental staff.
- Communicates outstanding daily clinical operational activity issues to Vice President of Ambulatory Services for action.
- Works in conjunction with Regulatory Affairs to maintain grantee registry, eligibility, and certification as required by grantors.
- Serves as liaison for relationship between grant program team, MWMG/ID, and the Fredericksburg Area HIV/AIDS Support Services.
- Assures all functions are completed in a timely and effective manner within assigned areas of responsibility to include but not limited to completing grant applications and ongoing reports.
- Oversees various aspects of the grant program, including, but not limited to the 340b pharmacy program.
- Interfaces courteously and effectively with all departmental customers, consistently presenting a positive departmental and organization image.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master's degree preferred (MPH, MSW,MPA, MBA).
- Minimum of five (5) years work experience in healthcare system environment required, preferably experience directing or managing a grant funded health program or project and supervising staff.
- Experience with Ryan White -HIV/AIDS program preferred.
- Experience working with clinical providers (physicians, nurses) as well as Senior Hospital Leadership. Must be comfortable working in a hospital environment.
- Experience in grant writing, budgeting, fiscal management and program planning.
- Proficiency in computer/automated systems for data and fiscal purposes.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine