City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Healthcare Leader
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-138
Job Department: 1007010 MWHC-Financial Operations
Job Posted Date: Jan 17, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is responsible for the overall operation of Payroll for Mary Washington Healthcare (MWHC). The Payroll Manager will oversee and supervise the organization’s payroll functions; ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. The position will implement, maintain, and review payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Lead a staff through the end-to-end payroll processes including payroll data collection, inter-department communications, data input and compliance review
- Manages biweekly payroll cycle including automated processes and audits; payroll reconciliation, leave accruals, outgoing interfaces, direct deposit and positive pay files to Bank, check print and follow-up customer service.
- Review of time entry to ensure accuracy of input in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Administer Wage Garnishments including Child Support, Tax Levies, Bankruptcy and Wage Garnishments to include, but not limited to review court orders, communicate with Associates, agencies, and attorneys as required.
- Oversee the biweekly execution and reconciliation of outgoing interfaces and payments to Bank, the Foundation and General Ledger.
- Review and approve outgoing payments for taxes, wage garnishments, and Benefits.
- Process off-cycle exceptions as needed to receive, review and process adjustments, workers compensation and special checks.
- Oversee collection of overpayments to include detailed backup.
- Maintain pre- and post-payroll records to ensure data is reconciled and available for retrieval to support research and audits.
- Maintain payroll software and supporting processes to ensure compliance with Federal, State and Local statutory regulations.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Balance the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Performs other duties assigned as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of five years of experience in payroll operations
- Knowledge of payroll and tax processes with multiple withholding and benefits (health and welfare and retirement)
- Knowledge of accounting practices and HR laws and regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of US taxation
- Demonstrated process improvement experience
- Knowledge of payroll related technology solutions
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Ability to manage multiple tasks through prioritization of workload with strong attention to detail, accuracy and high efficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred experience with Workday payroll platform
- Preferred credentials CPP/FPC
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.