Manager, Infection Control
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Healthcare Leader
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-6276
Job Department: 1007265 MWHC-Quality & Patient Safety
Job Posted Date: Nov 22, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is responsible for managing the MWHC Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) programs mainly at Mary Washington and Stafford hospitals and at other MWHC entities as required. Responsibilities include: Planning, organizing and implementing the IPC programs; Prioritizing the IPC initiatives at MWH and SH, Hiring, developing, coaching and evaluation of the Infection Prevention and Control practitioners, Participating in infection control surveillance and evaluating hospital-acquired infections for preventable risk factors; Infection Control reporting to Public Health authorities; Planning and providing educational programs related to infection prevention and control. This position reports to the Vice President of Quality and Patient Safety.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Conduct hospital infection surveillance and assessment programs as appropriate.
- Collection, analysis and reporting of IPC data to appropriate Senior leadership, staff and outside agencies. Ensures corrective and preventive measures are implemented.
- Create, maintain and disseminate the Infection Prevention and Control dashboard.
- Formulating, reviewing policies and procedures, and revising IPC practices and prioritizing the IPC initiatives at both hospitals
- Lead the IPC Committees at MWH and SH in conjunction with the Medical Director of Infection Prevention and Control.
- Implement and promote compliance with IPC practices that minimize infectious risk for patients, staff and visitors.
- Develop educational material for staff, patients and visitors to augment their understanding and awareness of infection prevention and control practices.
- Monitor, review and implement regulatory changes, accreditation changes and practice guidelines related to infection prevention and control.
- Recruit, develop, coach and evaluate the performance of the IPC Practitioners and IPC Administrative Assistant. Ensure human and financial resources of the IC department are utilized in an effective manner.
- Create and manage the department’s budget.
- Collaborate with the VP of Quality and Patient Safety, Medical Director of Infection Prevention and Control and IPC Committees to ensure an effective IPC program is in place and develop short and long term goals of the MWHC IPC program.
- Provide infection control consultative advice upon request; act as the hospital’s liaison for Infection Prevention and Control issues outside of the hospital environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Medical Technology, or Public Health, current Nursing licensure in Virginia, current ASCP registration or equivalent.
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC) required
- 3+ years in acute care Infection control experience or healthcare epidemiology experience with at least one year of supervisory experience.
- Proven computer skills with solid data analysis skills
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Must be self motivated, organized, detail oriented
- Working knowledge of Joint Commission, CDC, OSHA as they pertain to Infection Control
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine