Manager, Hospital Service Lines
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Healthcare Leader
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-3895
Job Department: 1007230 MWHC-Physician Services
Job Posted Date: Jun 25, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Service Line Manager (SLM) oversees the operations of business by partnering with Practice Managers (PM) and Office Managers (OM) to set and achieve organizational goals and ensure optimal utilization of resources and delivery. SLM will have detailed knowledge of business processes and organizational workings, enforcing policies, procedures, protocols, rules, and regulations to maintain compliance. SLM will engage and coordinate with other line managers to ensure a safe, and compassionate experience for our patients and their families as well as a supportive and productive practice environment for all our providers and staff.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively with and supports Practice Sr. Leadership to ensure timely and efficient onboarding of acquired practices, following up on action items and communicating findings to the appropriate team members
- Develops plans and budgets on a strategic, tactical and operational level for and with each practice.
- Routinely reviews management reporting data to ensure operations is performing to budget and identifies ways to improve efficiency.
- Initiates processes/improvements communicating with Sr. Leadership and practice site providers and staff.
- Identifies operating costs and operational capital budget needs in collaboration with providers, PM and OM. Completes ROI and justifications, submitting to Sr Leadership. Reviews monthly budget and identifies areas of cost saving.
- Collaborates with PM/OM to evaluate schedules and ensure staff appropriately are used efficiently and appropriately across practice locations for optimal coverage whenever possible (vacations, sick etc.).
- Tracks and evaluates on a regular basis scheduling, practice revenues, staff competencies and training.
- Coordinates with PM/OM to ensure close collaboration with HR include payroll, orientation of staff and delivery of employee handbook and policies. Makes sure that PM/OM follow disciplinary process in accordance with HR policy and procedures, perform annual staff performance evaluations, and look for ways to improve patient, provider and staff engagement. SLM will perform annual performance evaluations for PMs in their service line.
- Ensures that regular staff meetings and huddles occur for all practices with providers and associates under the direction of the PM/OM, participating as available.
- Ensures quality measures are implemented and ongoing for assigned practices, track deficiencies and works collaboratively with Sr. Leadership to ensure compliance.
- Approves the purchase of supplies and contract services, working within established budgetary guidelines and obtaining required approval for expenditures as appropriate.
- Provides input on public relations and marketing efforts for assigned practice.
- Provides input and guidance on space considerations and design.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred, with a possible emphasis in Healthcare Administration.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in practice management; leadership of multiple locations preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build successful relationships with business partners, providers, and leaders.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Willingness to travel.
- Effective working knowledge of healthcare financial management, medical practice accounting, third party reimbursement issues, patient flow and facilities management.
- General knowledge of physician compensation models and contract terminology.
- Prior experience working in a clinical capacity is a plus
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.