Manager, Epic Applications
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Healthcare Leader
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-3820
Job Department: 1007101 MWHC-IS Administration
Job Posted Date: Jul 30, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Manager, Applications is responsible for overall customer satisfaction for those using information system applications. The Manager is accountable for the coordination of applicable applications and projects including management, evaluation, and utilization of staff. The Manager will work collaboratively with system users and technical resources, and participates in the definition of requirements, implementation, evaluation and ongoing first line support of systems. The Applications Manager will stay current in applicable operational practices and will incorporate this knowledge into system planning and deployment.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Manages and provides production support for assigned applications. Works with clients to ensure that systems are properly utilized and lead collaborative efforts with other departments and personnel to identify and resolve production issues.
- Acts as a liaison between MWHC and vendors to ensure appropriate support and functionality from vendor supplied solutions.
- Leads, recruits and retains professional staff to support customers in clinical/operational environments.
- Provides project leadership and oversight for assigned applications.
- Oversees departmental budget for areas of responsibility.
- Evaluates team structure, approaches, techniques, standards, and best practices.
- Designs, develops, organizes, implements, evaluates and maintains operational processes to support clinical/operational applications and works with the Service Desk to ensure data capture for user trend analysis. Establishes and maintains a cross-training program for production support staff.
- Works with project teams to insure knowledge transfer from development to support staff and ensures smooth transition into ongoing production support.
- Assists in formulating and administering policies and procedures relative to the IT department. Performs continuous review to insure operational compliance and adherence to operational needs.
- Maintains an awareness and understanding of technological advances, vendor product offerings and issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, informatics, computer science, information systems, business computer systems, or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive experience in Information Systems or Healthcare
- Minimum of three (3) years of staff supervision required, preferably in a 24×7 support environment
- Ability to manage and direct professional staff
- Experience in project management
- Must build solid relationship with customers, users, Associates and other
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work on integrated project teams
- Must have operational knowledge of personal computers and related desktop applications including spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail, and PC database systems
- Healthcare clinical/operational or Information Systems experience in acute care or ambulatory care settings
- Master’s degree in healthcare, informatics, computer science, information systems, business computer systems, or related field
- Strong understanding of healthcare business process and technology
- Solid understanding of clinical/operational workflows and terminology
License and/or Certifications Preferred for Epic Applications Manager:
- Relevant industry certifications
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine