Manager, Community Benefits
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Healthcare Leader
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-3825
Job Department: 1007410 MWHC-Community Services
Job Posted Date: Jun 11, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Community Benefit Manager serves as the MWHC content expert for Community Benefit and is responsible for providing management and analytical support to the Community Benefit Department, Community Benefit Steering Committee, and the MWHC Board Community Benefit Oversight Committee (CBOC). The position’s primary responsibilities include Community Benefit data collection, analysis, and reporting of work with internal and external parties to organize the various components needed to initiate, operate, and conclude projects for the Community Benefit Department. This position will work closely with managers in other Mary Washington Healthcare departments and entities, and with community organizations to secure information required to complete analysis and make recommendations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Manage and monitor the development and implementation of the MWHC Community Benefit Plan providing updates as needed.
- Identify Community Benefit activities with appropriate partners and develop educational tools to create a culture of Community Benefit at MWHC.
- Manage and coordinate the consolidation of system-wide Community Benefit information by collecting, analyzing, and reporting Community Benefit data, including financial data, using Michigan Health and Hospital Association Service Corporation’s CB Tracker (MHA Tracker), CBISA software and other data entry programs.
- Manage the MWHC CBOC and Community Benefit Steering Committees by providing data, resources, findings, and best practices with representatives of each subcommittee/workgroup and its members.
- Serve as the liaison for all assigned Community Benefit Workgroups and committees.
- Engage senior and physician leadership in the measurement and monitoring of new programs as it relates to reporting charity care and Community Benefit.
- Participate in ongoing critical review, assessment, and design of Community Benefit plans and programs.
- Provide analytical project support in measuring and reporting program accomplishments and results.
- Ensure the timely completion and accuracy of presentations, reports, and other material in a manner that contributes to decision-making and strategic planning.
- Support Community Benefit staff and Steering Committee at meetings as well as manage the Community Benefit Strategic task reports.
- Assist in the preparation of the organization’s annual Community Benefit Report.
- Assist individual departments by providing education and training on Community Benefit and assisting in the development of their individual Community Benefit strategies.
- Oversee coordination of needs assessments to collect and analyze data regarding community health needs.
- Manage the Community Benefit dashboard.
- Manage all Community Benefit interns, including the creation of job intern description.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned in support of Community Benefit objectives.
- The Manager has the primary responsibility for staying current with relevant compliance information and developments and for disseminating this information among his/her staff members. The Manager is also responsible to provide a courtesy copy of the materials shared with staff to the Compliance Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required.
- Minimum of three years experience working in a hospital, health agency, or community service organization required.
- Specific experience with Community Benefit in a hospital/healthcare setting and with knowledge of Community Benefit tools, Community Benefit data collection, and experience with formal reporting of Community Benefit.
- Knowledge and experience of working with the demographics and communities in Mary Washington Healthcare’s primary service area.
- Demonstrated experience in review and interpretation of regional and state health data and information.
- Experience in the design and implementation of project monitoring strategies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Community services background; health background pertaining to data collection and outcome measures preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Production of financial narrative reports, spreadsheets, graphs, etc.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to work independently required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to comfortably interact with various departments and entities within Mary Washington Healthcare and community nonprofit organizations.
- Ability to learn and operate project management software.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.