Mammography Technologist-PRN Day/Evening
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 4Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-5374
Job Department: 4054312 MIF-Women's Imaging
Job Posted Date: Oct 22, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to prepare patients and perform routine mammography procedures/examinations in accordance with providers’ orders, ACR and MQSA guidelines, the procedure manual, and exam protocols under the supervision of a Radiologist. The Mammography Technologist is also responsible for performing bone densitometry studies. The Mammography Technologist produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with appropriate comparison studies and other exam results or pertinent patient information to the Radiologist for timely interpretation.
$5K Sign On Bonus
(Internal Associates Not Eligible)
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for mammography examinations by confirming providers’ orders/screening criteria, verifying patients’ identities, and obtaining adequate medical histories to ensure the appropriateness of examinations and facilitate timely, accurate diagnosis of the patient.
- Performs screening and diagnostic mammography examinations/procedures and bone densitometry procedures on all patient age groups and clinical conditions, and maintains clinical competency as evidenced by completion of an annual Competency Based Orientation Tool for Clinical Associates in Mammography.
- Adheres to departmental policies, procedures, standards, and protocols to ensure effective departmental operations and quality patient care. Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and understanding of Mammography services/operations.
- Maintains competency in the usage of the Computer Aided Detection technology to ensure that the patient’s images are successfully digitized and available for the Radiologist to review.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to radiation safety practices; including principles of time, distance, and shielding where possible.
- Effectively interacts with students, consistently providing supervision and instruction. Is supportive of the MWH School of Radiologic Technology and the Mammography cross-training program.
- Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and materials to ensure their continued availability and non-interruption of services.
- Reports, records, and files patient information and procedural data in order to accurately document department operations and facilitate timely, accurate billing for services.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities for the Mammography department.
- Monitors and maintains an effective follow-up program that ensures reporting of mammography results to patients and providers that includes follow-up of all patients for whom additional views or procedures are recommended.
- Participates in breast cancer education and screening activities for the community.
- Performs equipment quality control daily to ensure equipment is operating within manufacturer’s specifications and images produced are of highest quality.
- Participates in and submits images for the ACR Mammography and MSQA accreditation processes.
- Radiologic Technologist license required from the Commonwealth of Virginia for MIF, LLC facilities.
- BLS certification required.
- ARRT (R) registered in Radiologic Technology required; ARRT (M) preferred. If not ARRT (M) registered at time of hire, registry required within one year of hire
- Six months relevant experience required; (minimum of three months in mammography preferred or successful and documented completion of MWHC/MIF cross-training program) If no mammography experience, active (unexpired) completion of Initial Mammography Training Course to include DBT is preferred
- Bone Densitometry and Stereotactic Breast Biopsy experience preferred.
- Experience with applicable EMR, Radiology, and information systems preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine