LPN, MWMG-FamMed & Peds-LSMC - 5K Sign n Bonus
City/State: Ruther glen, Virginia
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-3996
Job Department: 4906351 MWMG-FamMed & Peds-LSMC
Job Posted Date: Jun 28, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is responsible for LPN nursing services in a physician office practice to control patient flow for physician, obtain and document patient vitals, perform EKG strips, and other nursing duties as assigned.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides general nursing care to patients to include obtaining and documenting patient vitals (height, weight, BP).
- Rooms patients. Facilitates patient flow throughout the office.
- Assists Physician, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner with examinations, diagnostic procedures and treatments.
- Obtains patient history, chief complaint and vitals and documents in medical record.
- Ensures adequate materials and supplies are available at all times.
- Provides patient and family education as appropriate.
- Responds to and provides guidance for return calls to patients for patient treatment related phone inquiries.
- Ensures patient appointments are assigned according to risk and severity.
- Maintains/reviews patient charts, records and other pertinent documents and reports.
- Establishes and maintains high standard for customer satisfaction and customer service.
- Schedules patient appointments for office visits.
- Assists patients with scheduling of procedures, tests, and radiological exams. Obtains authorization for procedures and studies as required.
- Schedules patient surgeries.
- Ensures necessary films are available for surgeries and appointments
- Learns front office functions, providing backup support and coverage as required.
- Fills out disability forms for MD/PA to review and sign.
- Works with third party payors to obtain authorization/pre-certification for surgeries, diagnostic testing, and other procedures ordered by physician.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties for Physician Offices, added May 2016
- Rotates/provides coverage for clinical staffing needs in various Mary Washington Medical Group practices.
- Requires current LPN License in the state of Virginia.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- Experience working in a Physician Office preferred
- Previous experience with practice specialty preferred.
- Must have knowledge of policies and procedures related to infection control, environmental safety and patient confidentiality.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine