LPN, MWMG-Family Medicine BG- 5K Sign n Bonus , New RATES
City/State: Bowling Green, Virginia
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-2494
Job Department: 4906022 MWMG-FamMed-Bowling Green
Job Posted Date: Mar 08, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is responsible for LPN nursing services in a physician office practice to control patient flow for physician, obtain and document patient vitals, perform EKG strips, and other nursing duties as assigned.
5K Sign on Bonus, Internal Candidates not eligible.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides general nursing care to patients to include obtaining and documenting patient vitals (height, weight, BP).
- Rooms patients. Facilitates patient flow throughout the office.
- Assists Physician, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner with examinations, diagnostic procedures and treatments.
- Obtains patient history, chief complaint and vitals and documents in medical record.
- Ensures adequate materials and supplies are available at all times.
- Provides patient and family education as appropriate.
- Responds to and provides guidance for return calls to patients for patient treatment related phone inquiries.
- Ensures patient appointments are assigned according to risk and severity.
- Maintains/reviews patient charts, records and other pertinent documents and reports.
- Establishes and maintains high standard for customer satisfaction and customer service.
- Schedules patient appointments for office visits.
- Assists patients with scheduling of procedures, tests, and radiological exams. Obtains authorization for procedures and studies as required.
- Schedules patient surgeries.
- Ensures necessary films are available for surgeries and appointments
- Learns front office functions, providing backup support and coverage as required.
- Fills out disability forms for MD/PA to review and sign.
- Works with third party payors to obtain authorization/pre-certification for surgeries, diagnostic testing, and other procedures ordered by physician.
- Rotates/provides coverage for clinical staffing needs in various Mary Washington Medical Group practices
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid LPN License from Virginia required.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- Experience working in a Physician Office preferred
- Previous experience with practice specialty preferred
- Must have knowledge of policies and procedures related to infection control, environmental safety and patient confidentiality.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.