LPN, Full Time (Hospice)
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-5404
Job Department: 4201650 HSP-Mary Washington Hospice
Job Posted Date: Sep 21, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public and our co-workers. This position is accountable to provide patient care responsibilities under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Perform reassessments related to delegated interventions, not to include initial shift assessments.
- Notify supervising RN of any change in patient condition in the course of providing delegated interventions at the time the change in patient condition is noted.
- Provide reinforcement to the education given to the patient, family, and/or significant other, to include discharge instructions.
- May not provide initial patient education.
- Administer medications as approved per MWHC policy and provide treatment interventions within the scope of practice as defined within the facility LPN CBOT as delegated by the supervising RN.
- Document data collected, medications administered, and nursing care provided.
- Collaborate with the RN in implementation, evaluation and modification of patient care plan based on collected data.
- Collaborate with the health care team to participate in coordination of services and contribute to the continuous Performance Improvement process.
- Maintain own Competency Notebook. Participates in educational programs and clinical experience to further enhance their nursing practice.
- Interact effectively with patients and families to ensure quality care.
- Follow policies and procedures of the specific unit and the Department of Nursing and supports the hospital and department mission, goals and objectives.
- Maintain ongoing requirements for education and licensure.
- Attend weekly IDT meetings as well as all staff, nurse, and other meetings as necessary.
- Participate in on-call/holiday rotations per agency process and needs
- Conducts field nursing visits (as needed) to support case managers and nursing staff in both homes and facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- LPN license in the State of Virginia.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required
- Two years experience in nursing preferred.
- Must meet the physical qualifications of the job.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine