LPN, FT, RFP
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Nursing; Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-5709
Job Department: 4906007 MWMG-Peds-Salem Church
Job Posted Date: Oct 06, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Clinical Care Coordinator is responsible for the oversight and support of patient care management programs and activities including care coordination, population health management, and AWV/CCM programs. The incumbent in this position will be responsible for completing data extraction and imports to achieve the program’s overall goals for compliance and improvement. This position will provide backup clinical and administrative support, scheduling and/or managing special projects, and various other duties related to the effective operation of the department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develops workflows to streamline data collection activities; provides updates and reports to leadership. Compiles and completes data imports into various electronic systems, ensuring data integrity. Maintains a database for all files, reports and correspondence with third party insurance carriers.
- Conducts statistical analysis of data to identify data gaps and collaborates with staff to develop methods to improve thoroughness.
- Serves as an internal consultant for Care Coordination/Population Management processes.
- Provides ongoing education in the areas of Care Management/Population Management and quality incentives.
- Collaborates with operational and clinical leadership to ensure adequate daily nursing/administrative coverage. Provides LPN clinical staffing coverage, as needed.
- Provides patients with community resources and acts as a liaison for patients needing follow-up care from a recent hospitalization.
- Promotes positive internal and external customer relations through prompt and courteous service and acts as the practice liaison with the Alliance.
- Assesses and identifies individualized patient care needs, promotes timely access to appropriate care, and increases utilization of preventive care in an effort to reduce emergency room utilization and hospital readmissions.
- Monitors plan of care and patient adherence to care plan, utilizing clinical pathways and/or practice guidelines to ensure that expected outcomes are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid LPN license in the State of Virginia required.
- BLS (AHA) certification required.
- Experience working in a physician practice preferred.
- Experience working with third-party insurance carriers preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine