Lead X-Ray Technologist-Full Time Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 36Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-1589
Job Department: 2004302 MWH-Radiology-Diagnostic
Job Posted Date: Dec 10, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Diagnostic Technologist, Lead performs quality control on images acquired in Diagnostic Radiology, prior to them being submitted to the Radiologist for interpretation. The Diagnostic Technologist, Lead will ensure that radiographic images are high quality and provides the instruction for images to be repeated when necessary. The Diagnostic Technologist, Lead will ensure that all information is accurate and available to the Radiologist when images are submitted for interpretation. This position is also responsible for coordinating workflow within Radiology, facilitating the timely acquisition of images and reporting of results.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs technical quality review of images obtained in Diagnostic Radiology, ensuring images are high quality, provide adequate diagnostic information, and are correct, according to the established protocol.
- Verifies that images are accurately labeled and that patient information is being managed during digital acquisition, transmission, and storage.
- Ensures that all information, including order requisition, clinical history, and any previous relevant comparison films and reports, are present with current images for interpretation by the Radiologist.
- Coordinates workflow within Radiology to facilitate the acquisition of images and reporting of results using the tracking monitors.
- Reports Emergency Department delays to leadership.
- Assumes leadership responsibility for patient flow of Radiology Department after normal business hours.
- Acts as an onsite radiology resource in the absence of a Supervisor, Manager, or Director. Notifies Administrator on Call for assistance as needed.
- Collaborates with Information Systems (IS) to ensure efficient operation of Radiology systems and software.
- Assist other Radiology modalities with IS issues/problems and acts as a resource for other modalities/departments throughout the organization.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement with image quality and workflow and works with leadership to coordinate the necessary improvement activities.
- Performs radiographic examinations and acts as a resource to the department.
- Coordinates the implementation of appropriate downtime procedures for Radiology, in collaboration with Radiology leadership and Information Systems analyst.
- Resolves Picture Archive and Communication System (PACS) exceptions and manages the audit list. Performs other duties as assigned.
- ARRT registered in Radiologic Technology required.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a Radiologic Technologist.
- Experience with healthcare information systems and Epic preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.