Lead Ultrasonographer (Outpatient)-Full Time Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-1829
Job Department: 4054302 MIF-Radiology-Diagnostic
Job Posted Date: Jan 05, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Lead Ultrasonographer produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with appropriate comparison studies and other exam results or pertinent information to the Radiologist for timely interpretation. This position is accountable to prepare patients and perform routine procedures in accordance with physicians’ orders and the procedure protocols. More so, the Lead Ultrasonographer effectively monitors the daily processes of the Ultrasound department and assures compliance with all policies, procedures, regulatory, and accreditation standards. This individual assists supervisors, managers and physicians in maintaining the highest degree of clinical/operational performance and customer satisfaction. Additionally, the Lead Ultrasonographer supports the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives MWHC and demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients and their families, the community, the physicians, and our associates.
Night and Weekend Call Will Be Required
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for Ultrasound examinations by confirming physicians’ orders, verifying patients’ identities, and obtaining adequate medical histories to ensure the appropriateness of examinations and facilitate timely accurate diagnosis of the patient. Performs Ultrasound examinations/procedures on all patient age groups and maintains clinical competency. Reports, records, and files patient and procedural data.
- Reviews the daily patient schedule to ensure all patients are scheduled appropriately and all documentation is obtained for the exam prior the patients visit. Maintains the staff schedule to ensure adequate coverage.
- Serves as preceptor to newly hired Ultrasound staff and maintains the Ultrasound Cross Training program.
- Reports Press Ganey scores for the Ultrasound department. Develops an action plan when scores fall below the projected goals; assists the facility in maintaining projected goals.
- Provides daily volume and monthly wait time reports and end of month dashboard statics to management.
- Maintains ACR program requirements for Ultrasound department and assists the Facility Supervisor during the reaccreditation process.
- Reports to MIF Facility Supervisors the technical quality review of images obtained in Ultrasound. Reviews and ensures that images produced are of sufficient high quality to provide adequate diagnostic information.
- Conducts subject research, evaluates, recommends, and implements new programs, services, technologies, and operations tools in collaboration with management.
- Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited program in Ultrasound; OR completion of an Ultrasound cross-training program and credentialed with the ARRT (in ultrasound or Radiologic Technology).
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Five years of relevant experience.
License and/or Certifications
- Registered by the ARDMS in OB/GYN Ultrasound.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required
- Registered by the ARDMS in Abdomen/Small Parts. If not credentialed at time of hire, must obtain credential within six months of hire date.
- Registered by the ARDMS in Vascular. If not credentialed at time of hire, must obtain credential within one year of hire date.
- ARRT registered in Radiologic Technology.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.