Lead MRI Technologist-Full Time Days
City/State: Stafford, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-4378
Job Department: 4054305 MIF-NStafford-Radiology-Diag
Job Posted Date: Jul 19, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position effectively monitors the daily processes of the MRI department and assures compliance with all policies, procedures, regulatory, and accreditation standards. This individual is to assists the MRI Supervisor, Site Manager and physicians in maintaining the highest degree of clinical/operational performance and customer satisfaction. The MRI Lead Technologist is accountable to prepare patients and perform routine MRI procedures in accordance with physicians’ orders and the procedure manual. The MRI Lead Technologist produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with appropriate comparison studies and other exam results or pertinent information to the Radiologist for timely interpretation.
The MRI Lead Technologist supports the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients and their families, the community, the physicians, and our associates.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Reports to MRI Supervisor the technical quality review of images obtained in MRI. Ensures that MRI images produced are of sufficient high quality so that they consistently provide adequate diagnostic information.
- Provides daily volume report to MRI Supervisor and Facility Manager to encourage daily success of budgetary requirements.
- Maintains authority to administer contrast agents and follows established guidelines for the selection/administration of appropriate contrast type, amount, and concentration.
- Serves as preceptor to MRI staff in the absence of the MRI Supervisor.
- Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies (seven days' worth) and materials to ensure their continued availability and non-interruption of services.
- Maintains ACR maintenance program for MRI department. Coordinates/Reports with MRI Supervisor the necessary corrective action to address and resolve performance issues to ensure continued systems operation.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement with image quality and workflow and works with the MRI Supervisor and Site Manager to coordinate the necessary improvement activities.
- Serves as a liaison between staff, the MRI Supervisor, physicians, other healthcare providers, and customers.
- With the MRI Supervisor, conducts subject research, evaluates, recommends, and implements new programs, services, technologies, and operations tools.
- Prepares patients for MRI examinations by confirming physicians’ orders, verifying patients’ identities, and obtaining adequate medical histories to ensure the appropriateness of examinations and facilitate timely accurate diagnosis of the patient.
- Performs MRI examinations/procedures on all patient age groups and maintains clinical competency as evidenced by completion of an annual Competency Based Orientation Tool for Clinical Associates in MRI. Adheres to departmental policies, procedures, standards, and protocols to ensure effective departmental operations and quality patient care. Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and understanding of MRI services/activities.
- Greets all patients, visitors, family members, physicians, and Associates in a courteous and professional manner. Addresses customers’ needs efficiently, effectively, and confidentially.
- Answers telephones courteously, professionally, and by the third ring. Screens and transfers telephone calls or takes messages as appropriate to facilitate effective Radiology communications.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors by requiring and supporting the establishment, maintenance, and education of an effective safety management program. Adheres to MRI safety and security practices for patients, personnel, and self-including appropriate screening and instruction for anyone who approaches or enters the magnet room.
- Reports, records, and files patient and procedural data in order to accurately document department operations and facilitate timely accurate billing for services.
- Participates in Performance improvement activities for MRI utilizing the FOCUS PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) approach to improvement.
- Remains proficient in the use of SCI, ISITE, NOVIUS, RMS, PACS, LaborWorkx and other Radiology or Information Management systems as needed.
- ARRT registered in Radiologic Technology or MRI registered in ARMRIT required and documented training on the provision of MRI exams required.
- Advanced level certification by the ARRT or ARMRIT in MRI required.
- American Heart Association CPR required.
- Three years’ relevant experience required; five years preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.