Lead Mental Health Case Manager-FT Evening/Nights
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Evening/Night (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-32
Job Department: 2001508 MWH-ED Mental Health
Job Posted Date: Sep 28, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
Provides screening, assessment, planning, problem resolution, resource management, mental health services, grief counseling and crisis management as they relate to the health care and discharge planning needs of the patient/family. Functions as an interdisciplinary health care team member collaborating with other health care professionals in assessing patient/family needs and developing a comprehensive plan of care, coordinating and facilitating resolution of patient needs.
Essential Functions & Essential Responsibilities:
- Assesses patients for discharge planning needs to develop and coordinate a discharge plan as determined by the patient’s medical condition, activities of daily living, (ADLs), level of independence, functional capacity, family/social support systems, and financial resources.
- Completes mental health and substance abuse evaluations, eliciting clinically relevant information during assessment process with focus on determining suicide risk, level of acuity, and clinical diagnostic impression.
- Assesses patient for and coordinates inpatient psychiatric admissions and outpatient psychiatric and substance abuse admissions to appropriate levels of care.
- Collaborates with patient/family to develop the discharge plan.
- Communicates this plan to patient/family and the interdisciplinary care team through documentation in the medical record, active participation in discharge planning rounds, and/or verbal dialogue as appropriate
- Ensures documentation conforms to the hospital and departmental policies and procedures, including, but not limited to screening, initial discharge plan, daily status updates, and when changes in the discharge plan occur.
- Coordinates and communicates with various insurance companies and third-party payors to ensure pre-authorization for Snowden at Fredericksburg inpatient and outpatient admissions.
- Assures key regulatory requirements are met as defined by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services, Virginia Department of Human Rights, The Joint Commission, and other related regulatory and licensing bodies.
- Responds to crisis calls.
- Coordinates with referral sources across the Commonwealth of Virginia to determine admissions to Snowden at Fredericksburg inpatient level of care.
- This position will report to the Supervisor, Clinical Case Management
- Directs Associates in facilitating patient flow by prioritizing and addressing immediate patient needs to ensure the utilization of safe disposition, highly reliable methods and safety behaviors.
- Troubleshoots clinical concerns and disposition options related to patient consults.
- Collaborates with Supervisor to develop and ensure continuous quality improvement within the department.
- In absence of the Supervisor assumes oversight of department in collaboration with available leadership.
- Communicates with Supervisor regarding department concerns/opportunities.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for patient and Associate related issue within the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in in a behavioral health discipline required.
- CPR (AHA Healthcare Provider) required.
- CPI certification required within 90 days of hire.
- Experience interacting with psychiatric and/or substance abusing patients in various stages of illness required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in conducting assessments and evaluations preferred.
- Working knowledge of developmental issues across the life span, with a depth of knowledge of normal and abnormal development of children, adolescents, and adults required.
- Working knowledge of reimbursement and managed health care systems preferred.
- Additional qualifications for the Shift Lead (added December 2019):
- Licensed as a LCSW, LPC as defined by the Virginia Department of Health required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.