Lead CT Technologist-Full Time Days/Evenings
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-5011
Job Department: 4054303 MIF-MILH-Radiology-Diag
Job Posted Date: Aug 31, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Lead CT Technologist produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with appropriate comparison studies and other exam results or pertinent information to the Radiologist for timely interpretation. This position is accountable to prepare patients and perform routine procedures in accordance with physicians’ orders and the procedure protocols. More so, the Lead CT Technologist effectively monitors the daily processes of the CT & PET departments and assures compliance with all policies, procedures, regulatory, and accreditation standards. This individual assists supervisors, managers and physicians in maintaining the highest degree of clinical/operational performance and customer satisfaction.
The Lead CT Technologist supports the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives MWHC and demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients and their families, the community, the physicians, and our associates.
$5K Sign-On Bonus
(Internal Associates Not Eligible)
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for CT examinations by confirming physicians’ orders, verifying patients’ identities, and obtaining adequate medical histories to ensure the appropriateness of examinations and facilitate timely accurate diagnosis of the patient. Performs CT examinations/procedures on all patient age groups and maintains clinical competency. Reports, records, and files patient and procedural data.
- Reviews the daily patient schedule to ensure all patients are scheduled appropriately and all documentation is obtained for the exam prior the patients visit. Maintains the staff schedule to ensure adequate coverage.
- Serves as preceptor to newly hired CT staff and maintains the CT Hybrid Training program.
- Reports Press Ganey scores for the CT and PET departments. Develops an action plan when scores fall below the projected goals; assists the facility in maintaining projected goals.
- Provides daily volume and monthly wait time reports and end of month dashboard statics to management.
- Maintains ACR program requirements for CT department and assists the Facility Supervisor during the re-accreditation process.
- Reports to supervisors the technical quality review of images obtained in CT. Reviews and ensures that images produced are of sufficient high quality to provide adequate diagnostic information.
- Conducts subject research, evaluates, recommends, and implements new programs, services, technologies, and operations tools in collaboration with management.
- Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties for PET:
- Performs PET/CT examinations/procedures on all patient age groups and maintains clinical competency as evidenced by completion of an annual Competency Based Orientation Tool for Clinical Associates in PET/CT. Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and understanding of PET/CT services/activities.
- Reports, records, and files patient and procedural data in order to accurately document department operations and facilitate timely accurate billing for services.
- Maintains authority to administer radiopharmaceuticals/contrast agents and follows established guidelines for the appropriate selection/administration of all radiopharmaceuticals/agents used
- VA State Radiologic Technologist License is required for all outpatient facilities.
- ARRT registered in Radiologic Technology or NMTCB registered and documented training on the provision of diagnostic CT exams required.
- Advanced level certification by the ARRT or NMTCB in computed tomography required.
- American Heart Association CPR required.
- Three years’ relevant experience required, five years preferred.
Additional Qualifications for PET:
- CNMT or ARRT in Nuclear Medicine Technology required
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine