Laboratory Registrar, Full Time, Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-3173
Job Department: 2004275 MWH-MLV @ Princess Anne
Job Posted Date: May 03, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to perform a variety of clerical, reception, and support functions that will ensure timely and effective day-to-day operations and communications in the Outreach department of Pathology. This includes answering telephones, greeting patients, the collection of updated patient demographic information and the correct registration into the hospital computer system. Also, ordering tests into the Laboratory computer program and the handling/registering/ordering of drop-off specimens as well. This position supports the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of MWHC Health System and demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients and their families, the community, the physicians, and our Associates.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Greets all patients, visitors, family members, physicians, and Associates in a courteous and professional manner. Addresses customers’ needs efficiently, effectively, and confidentially.
- Performs patient registration in the Hospital computer system and test order entry in the Laboratory computer system for patient drop-off specimens accurately and efficiently, handling biohazardous specimens as needed. Collects all necessary information to bill appropriately.
- Maintains an organized and efficient Outreach drop off registration area. Monitors work flow, and activities of all modalities to assure a smooth and coordinated traffic flow for specimens.
- Creates an atmosphere that promotes customer service excellence. Resolves or escalates customer complaints or drop off specimen issues in a timely manner
- Performs routine but essential clerical and support functions under the direction of the Outreach Supervisor when necessary to ensure smooth and effective day-to-day operations of the department.
- Adheres to departmental policies, procedures, standards, and protocols to ensure effective departmental operations and quality patient care.
- Works closely with the specimen processor to ensure timely turn-around-time for all specimens.
- Works closely with the Client Service Associates to ensure proper documentation for all problem specimens.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work with physicians, staff, and patients in a confidential and efficient manner.
- 2 to 3 years data entry and/or customer service experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Legible handwriting.
- Patient registration experience preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.