Interventional Technologist-FT Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 36Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-31
Job Department: 2004307 MWH-Interventional Radiology
Job Posted Date: Sep 28, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to prepare patients and perform routine interventional radiology procedures in accordance with physicians’ orders and the procedure manual. The Interventional Technologist produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with appropriate comparison studies and other exam results or pertinent patient information to the Radiologist for timely interpretation. The Interventional Technologist also assists the Radiologist while he/she performs diagnostic or therapeutic procedures in a sterile environment. Additionally, the Interventional Technologist supports the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients and their families, the community, the physicians, and our Associates.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for interventional procedures by confirming physicians’ orders, verifying patients’ identities, and obtaining adequate medical histories to ensure the appropriateness of examinations/procedures and facilitate timely accurate diagnosis or treatment of the patient.
- Performs diagnostic/therapeutic procedures on all patient age groups and maintains clinical competency as evidenced by completion of an annual Competency Based Orientation Tool for Clinical Associates in Interventional Radiology. Adheres to departmental policies, procedures, standards, and protocols to ensure effective departmental operations and quality patient care. Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and understanding of interventional services/activities.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors by requiring and supporting the establishment, maintenance, and education of an effective safety management program. Maintains a sterile field during interventional procedures, following principles of aseptic technique, and adheres to standard precautions at all times. Disposes of sharps and contaminated supplies/materials in a manner consistent with infection control standards. Adheres to radiation safety practices for patients, personnel, and self including principles of time, distance, and shielding where possible.
- Effectively interacts with students, consistently providing supervision and instruction. Is supportive of the MWH School of Radiologic Technology and the Interventional Radiology cross-training program.
- Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and materials to ensure their continued availability and non-interruption of services.
- Reports, records, and files patient and procedural data in order to accurately document department operations and facilitate timely accurate billing for services.
- Participates in performance improvement activities for the Interventional Section utilizing a FOCUS PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) approach to improvement.
- Maintains authority to administer contrast agents and follows established guidelines for the selection/administration of appropriate contrast type, amount, and concentration.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and ability to meet the age specific needs of the patient groups identified below under Qualifications.
- ARRT registered in Radiologic Technology; preferably CV registered.
- Six months’ relevant experience required (minimum of three in Interventional Radiology OR successful and documented completion of MWHC/MIF cross-training program)
- Three years relevant experience preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.