Internal Communications Specialist
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-760
Job Department: 1007240 MWHC-PR & Marketing
Job Posted Date: Nov 05, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Internal Communications Specialist is an integral member of the marketing and communications team and is responsible for effective, ongoing, and ad hoc communications strategies for internal stakeholders. The Internal Communications Specialist works with internal departments, internal workgroups, and organizational leadership to develop, implement, and measure internal communications activities for the organization. The Internal Communications Specialist is responsible for collaborating with leadership to set project goals and report results. This position also uses independent judgment and creativity and writes contributing content for digital media.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Establishes an internal communications strategy in conjunction with Leadership. Monitors plan performance and regularly reports trending data. Work with leadership in measuring plan performance to support data-driven decisions and achieve optimal results.
- Ensures organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to Associates and stakeholders.
- Plans, edits, produces and/or writes content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as intranet, printed publications, regular email bulletin, internal social media, video, and Office 365 mediums or other digital mediums.
- Drafts messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to Associates in written or spoken form.
- Ensures internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organization. Ensures internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages.
- Collaborates with colleagues and departments throughout the health system to plan, communicate, execute, and evaluate Associate events.
- Presents internal communication plans to leadership and clients.
- Supports the Marketing & Communications leadership team with organization-wide special projects.
- Supports the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organizational perception and reputation.
- Assumes responsibility for personal and professional development while staying informed of changes in the industry and profession which impact communications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or other Integrated Marketing Communications degree required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a communications-related position.
- Healthcare or communications experience for a large organization strongly preferred.
- Strong writing, communication, project management, and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video means of communication. Knowledge of social media, intranet, and other digital platforms required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required. Knowledge of Microsoft Teams preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.