City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-3618
Job Department: 1007215 MWHC-Internal Audit
Job Posted Date: Jun 08, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to assist the department in designing, conducting and evaluating internal audits and to maintain a working knowledge of healthcare clinical and financial systems and operations. The auditor is responsible for the timely execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects. Assignments will be based on skill, knowledge and Team needs and may be in operations, financial, information systems, or other project areas. This position reports to the Audit Manager, IAS.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Determines scope of review of assignments in conjunction with the Audit Manager.
- Conducts risk assessment of assigned audits in established/required timeline.
- Establishes risk-based audit programs.
- Conducts audit testing of specified area, identify reportable issues and assess risk.
- Provides substantial support by gathering information, documenting processes and systems to review the adequacy of internal controls.
- In conjunction with the Audit Manager, considers fraud risk and apply appropriate fraud analysis and testing.
- Prepares and presents accurate, concise draft audit reports to the Audit Manager to effectively document MWHC and subsidiary operations.
- Conducts annual Conflict of Interests survey, including initial identification of covered persons, maintenance and distribution of survey, and compilation of disclosures for Chief Audit Executive review.
- Provides input to facilitate ongoing risk assessments of audit areas.
- Performs all work within the rules and procedures established for a safe and healthy workplace, maintains a level of attendance that facilitates the operational needs of Internal Audit, and represents and supports the corporate philosophy of MWHC.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is preferred.
- If not certified, must meet eligibility requirements for and actively pursue professional, relevant certifications, such as CIA or CPA within two years of hire.
- Experience in auditing, accounting or related fields is preferred.
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills required.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Power Point is required.
- Proficiency in appropriate technology, including data analytics is preferred.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of audit concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to be an independent thinker to research and analyze data, as appropriate.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine