Insurance Follow-up Supervisor - FT - Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-463
Job Department: 1007017 MWHC-Professional Billing
Job Posted Date: Oct 23, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Insurance Follow-Up Supervisor is responsible for facilitating the day-to-day operations of the insurance follow-up department and oversees, develops, and coaches Associates collecting payments from third-party payers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Oversees day-to-day operations for insurance follow-up, simple denials assigned payers, and other third party Accounts Receivable (AR).
- Monitors assigned High Risk accounts and established AR work queues.
- Reviews, reports and provides recommendations for improvement to senior management regarding any payer issues or trends identified during the follow-up process.
- Makes recommendations to change billing systems, policies and procedures as necessary; and facilitates implementation of changes.
- Responds to complaints, adverse situations, unplanned circumstances or problems. Works in close collaboration with leadership when an issue requires escalation.
- Schedules and assigns staff to ensure that workload is met. Maintains staff productivity reports.
- Oversees the orientation of new Associates.
- Coaches Associates and participates in staff development. Assesses the ongoing competence of Associates and provides input into performance appraisals.
- Addresses lower-level performance and behavioral issues and acts to modify actions and behaviors.
- Supports and applies department and organizational policies. Ensures compliance with state and federal law regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years healthcare billing and follow-up experience required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Relevant healthcare certification preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.