City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-133
Job Department: 1007357 MWHC-Org. Development
Job Posted Date: Sep 28, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Instructional Designer will partner with the Learning and Organizational Development team, project stakeholders, subject matter experts, and clinical educators to design and develop modern learning content and programs to enhance engagement, increase individual and leader effectiveness, ensure compliance and strengthen career development efforts.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Leverage instructional design methodology and adult learning theory to analyze training needs, define learning requirements, recommend appropriate learning solutions, and design and develop training content.
- Collaborate on learning concepts, storyboards, and prototypes that bring learning concepts to life through visually appealing content, storytelling and real-world scenarios.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that are activity-based and results-oriented to enhance retention and transfer of knowledge.
- Design and develop solutions that satisfy the needs of a diverse set of learners across a variety of modalities including instructor-led, virtual, video, simulation, gamification, quick reference guides, job aids, and performance support materials.
- Ensure all deliverables adhere to established policy and style guidelines.
- Consult and collaborate with leadership, team members, and key stakeholders across the organization to define scope of learning projects and experiences, clarify goals and objectives, identify subject-matter experts, and agree on timelines and projected outcomes for learning projects aligned with organizational needs.
- Drive effective project management in all learning projects through clear identification of scope, building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders, adherence to timelines, and consistent risk/issue mitigation and tracking.
- Develop and execute structured communication plans.
- Maintain accurate project documentation and course folders.
- Organize and maintain learning content and training materials on Workday Learning Management System (LMS) and through use of Microsoft 365 applications.
- Determine criteria used to judge learner performance and develop assessment instruments to measure and track outcomes of learning experiences.
- Analyze results and communicate outcomes to key stakeholders.
- Make recommendations based on data to improve quality of learning activities and programs.
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design or related field required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a corporate training environment designing learning for adults.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, complex projects with strong client management and follow-up skills
- Proven experience in course design and development for online, instructor-led and blended learning environments.
- Proficient with current technology and multimedia to develop video-based and interactive learning content and programs.
- Demonstrated experience working with course authoring tools including knowledge of SCORM standards.
- Demonstrated experience working with learning management systems including curriculum, course and content management.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Prior experience with Workday Learning preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 including SharePoint, Teams and One Drive preferred.
- Prior experience in healthcare or designing training for clinicians preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.