Infection Preventionist - Quality and Patient Safety, FT, Day
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-5440
Job Department: 1007265 MWHC-Quality & Patient Safety
Job Posted Date: Oct 05, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position works in collaboration with the Infection Prevention Manager to control, prevent and monitor the presence of infectious events to assure patient, staff and visitor safety. This position will assist in ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, implementing practice guidelines and acting as an infection prevention resource for all departments and staff.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Monitors healthcare associated infection by collecting, analyzing and reporting data to appropriate departments and committees; presents reports/data as appropriate.
- Reviews literature and utilizes practice guidelines to provide preventive, corrective recommendations related to infection prevention. Develops and revises infection prevention policies.
- Helps develop and implement educational information on infection prevention for staff, patients and visitors; serves as infection prevention resource for departments, staff and visitors.
- Conducts hospital infection surveillance and assessment programs as appropriate.
- Collects, analyzes and reports Infection Prevention (IP) data to appropriate senior leadership, staff and outside agencies. Ensures corrective and preventive measures are implemented.
- Creates, maintains and disseminates the Infection Prevention dashboard.
- Helps develop, implement and assist in use of and compliance with infection prevention procedures to minimize risk for patients, staff, and visitors.
- Monitors, reviews and implements regulatory changes, accreditation changes and practice guidelines related to infection prevention.
- Assists in review and promotes compliance with regulations, accreditation standards and practice guidelines as it relates to infection prevention.
- Collaborates with the Director of Quality and Patient Safety, Medical Director of Infection Prevention and IP Committees to ensure an effective IP program is in place and develops short and long term goals of the MWHC IP program.
- Provides IP consultative advice upon request; acts as the hospital’s liaison for IP issues outside of the hospital environment.
- Acts in a professional and respectful manner to all customers utilizing a team approach for resolving infection prevention issues; participates in committees, performance improvement and future planning for IP department.
- This position requires frequent travel to the facilities within the healthcare system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) with valid nursing license to practice in Virginia or BS in Medical Technology or BS in Microbiology required.
- Minimum of 2 years direct clinical experience required in field of specialized education.
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC) is required with 3 years of employment.
- 1+ year Infection Prevention experience preferred.
- Demonstrated computer literacy to include Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and standards related to hospital Infection Prevention.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine