Image Management Associate-Part Time Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 28Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-4762
Job Department: 2004310 MWH-Radiology Support
Job Posted Date: Sep 24, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to prepare and maintain confidential patient images and records in an organized and efficient manner that assures information is readily available and provided to customers in the format in which they prefer to receive it. The Image Management Associate maintains films, film jackets, electronic images and storage media, reports, image sign-out records, and other information that is pertinent to the timely, effective care of patients. The Image Management Associate supports the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and demonstrates a commitment of quality service to our patients and their families, the community, physicians, and other Associates.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares and maintains films, film jackets, electronic images and storage media (CDs, DVDs, etc.), records, and logs in an organized, efficient, effective, and confidential manner that complies with departmental standards and protocols.
- Prepares images and records for release to patients, patient care providers, and/or medical-legal representatives after ensuring that proper release authorizations have been obtained.
- Answers telephones courteously, professionally, and by the third ring. Responds to requests for images/records, assistance, or information in an efficient, effective, and confidential manner.
- Prioritizes work effectively.
- Maintains competency in job responsibilities as evidenced by completion of all initial/annual Competency Based Orientation Tools for Image Management Associates. Is proficient in the use of iSite (PACS), SYNGO (RIS), PacsSCAN, eMix, Primordial, and other Radiology or information management systems routinely used.
- Retrieves films/records from Central Film Archives and assists in filing/purging/shifting activities there as needed. Is conscientious with regards to the accurate filing of film jackets using the color coded terminal digit approach so that the potential for misfiles/misplaced films is minimized.
- Adheres to purging protocols and retains films/records according to the MWHC records retention policy.
- To ensure smooth, effective day-to-day operations throughout Radiology, performs routine clerical/support functions and additional duties as assigned by the Support Services Supervisor including, but not limited to: Assisting the Transcriptionists and Radiologists by addressing Primordial alerts (limited basis) faxing/confirming reports, contacting referring physicians for critical test result communications, communicating preliminary interpretations (non-critical) as requested, obtaining comparison images, pushing images from PACS to the Radiologist prior to transferring calls from referring physicians wanting to discuss a case, and in other ways as directed.
- Monitoring and maintaining an adequate inventory of supplies and materials to ensure their continued availability and no service failures as a result of not having required supplies/materials on hand. Keeping abreast of downtime procedures and, during downtimes, supporting the department by following defined downtime processes that ensure the timely completion and resulting of all ordered exams with minimal disruption to flow.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities for Radiology utilizing the PDCA (Plan, Do Check, Act) approach to improvement. Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Previous experience in a patient care setting (minimum of one year preferred).
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine