Human Resources (HR) Assistant Temporary
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-5841
Job Department: 1007351 MWHC-Human Resources
Job Posted Date: Oct 13, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Human Resources (HR) Assistant provides front-line customer service to Associates and guests, and provides clerical and administrative support to HR leadership. The incumbent in this position also provides support including word processing, coordinating special projects, and other various duties related to the effective operations of the Human Resources Department.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Conducts initial in-take of associate/management questions, complaints, and escalates to the appropriate department within HR.
- Provides customer support to internal and external customers of the HR department, which may include; reception, telephone, HR activities, etc.
- Responds to routine questions about human resources sponsored programs, policies, and procedures.
- Processes and maintains various employment, informational, and confidential forms and records.
- Maintains filing and performs other clerical duties, as applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- One to two years of administrative experience required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of applications in a network setting required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and complex projects in a fast-paced environment required.
- Familiarity with HRIS systems preferred.
- Experience working in a health care setting preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine