Art Therapist- Hospice (Part Time)
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 24Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-3839
Job Department: 4201650 HSP-Mary Washington Hospice
Job Posted Date: Jul 07, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Expressive Therapist is a professional responsible and accountable for the complementary care of hospice patients and their family members. The Expressive Therapist functions as a member of the Hospice interdisciplinary team. The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, Associates and the public. The incumbent in this position will be responsible for compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations governing the privacy of patients’ protected health information.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs assessments to determine therapeutic and functional goals for the patients.
- Provides direct service to hospice patients/families in homes and alternative homes.
- Maintains and completes required documentation
- Attends Hospice interdisciplinary team (IDT) meetings
- Provides in-service programs to educate staff and volunteers about therapy.
- Attends clinical in-service programs and continuing education opportunities.
- Provides bereavement follow-up to family members when appropriate.
- Documents professional, accurately, timely, and according to procedures; submits documentation to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of Expressive Therapy: Masters degree in Art Therapy; Art Therapy registered and board certified (ATR-BC) preferred. Bachelor's degree or higher in Music Therapy; registered Music Therapist or board certified (MT-BC) preferred.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required
- Two years related therapy experience; previous experience with individuals with life-limiting illness preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of the differences between adult and children’s reaction to grief and life threatening situations.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively as part of a team, developing productive working relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Meets the MWHC suitability criteria for operators of vehicles; reliable mode of transportation required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.