Health Link Supervisor
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-6509
Job Department: 1007305 MWHC-Health Link
Job Posted Date: Dec 15, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is responsible for organizing and supervising the day-to-day operations of the 24/7 Mary Washington Healthcare Call Center. This includes Message Center, main phone line calls, and paging services for both Mary Washington and Stafford Hospital as well as non-hospital entities. Will be responsible and accountable for providing a private answering service to contracted physicians and their practices. Must acquire a working knowledge of the operator console software, computer system, Paging systems, and telephone systems. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the physicians, departments, associates and the community.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of the physician answering service, message center, and paging service.
- Maintains Answering and Paging Service subscriber records.
- Updates information in the automated system.
- Analyzes a variety of reports to include, but not limited to productivity and call volumes to identify better utilization of equipment and staff.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all communications equipment.
- Operates as a relief Customer Service Representative during high volume needs.
- Maintains established department and organization policies, procedures, objectives and quality assurance.
- Assists leadership with implementing MedCall policy and procedure changes.
- Participates in marketing responsibilities for new physicians and responds to inquiries regarding services provided by MedCall Answering and Paging Services.
- Reports information for billing purposes to include, but not limited to changes, additions, or cancellation of services.
- Orients Physicians to services offered and call-forwarding instructions for the individual practices and their specialties.
- Updates Leadership with issues related to Human Resources, systems, staffing, scheduling, productivity workflow, and competency.
- Maintains all personnel documents for MedCall.
- Participates with interviewing, counseling, training, and performance evaluations of all MedCall Operators; occasionally being available on all shifts for rounding and in-persons meetings.
- Trains and maintains “point person” team to assist staff in the absence of Leadership.
- Leads monthly staff meetings and provides educational in-services to the MedCall staff.
- Provide rotating on-call coverage on weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree, required.
- Working knowledge of computers, required.
- Excellent verbal skills and communication skills, required.
- Working knowledge of call center functions and statistics, required.
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience, required.
- Minimum of one year of experience working with MedCall, preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine