Float Pool Supervisor- Physicians Practice
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-3261
Job Department: 1007230 MWHC-Physician Services
Job Posted Date: May 04, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Float Pool Supervisor will support the float pool manager to direct care of the patient population, as well as perform direct patient care and related administrative duties under the direct supervision of the float pool manager. The incumbent will coordinate and provide leadership while directing activities of clinical and non-clinical staff. This position is responsible for supporting various locations to assist with patient care to include specialty initiatives. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to patients and to the organization.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides oversight and supervision to clinical and clerical staff in the float pool.
- Establishes staff work schedule to ensure that clinics are adequately staffed prioritized based on the needs of supported departments.
- Provides oversight for staff schedule and payroll. Makes staffing assignments and keep the float pool calendar updated.
- Provides timely and continuous communication with float pool manager to include the escalation of issues and feedback.
- Ensures all subordinate associates are adequately oriented and trained. Establishes a departmental orientation process for all new hires. Seeks outside resources to support training as appropriate.
- Performs clinical, technical, administrative, clerical duties and provides coverage, within the scope of training and licensure/certification at supported locations.
- Contributes to the performance improvement process.
- Interviews and makes recommendations for hiring and disciplining of staff to float manager.
- Participates in interviewing, counseling, training, and performance evaluations of all staff in the float pool.
- Attends monthly and quarterly department meetings as well as other meetings designated by the float pool manager.
- Assists the float pool manager in planning and documenting monthly staff meetings.
- Participates in committees as directed by the float pool manager.
- Manages weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports including productivity, staff statistics, customer reports, and other reports as assigned.
- Documents all inquiries at the time of the call according to department standards for legal and statistical purposes.
- Participates in department in-services and continuing education activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required; Associates degree preferred.
- At least two (2) years of successful supervisory experience in a healthcare setting required.
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience in a medical office setting preferred.
- If an incumbent holds a VA LPN license or MA certification, they are required to maintain this license/certifications and function in the appropriate direct patient care role.
- If an incumbent is functioning in a direct patient care role, they are required to have AHA Basic Life Support Provider CPR certification at hire.
- Excellent written, verbal, telephone, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Basic personal computer skills and comfort with Windows operating system, required.
- Experience using Electronic Medical Records systems preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine