Financial Systems Analyst-Full Time Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-3090
Job Department: 1007010 MWHC-Financial Operations
Job Posted Date: Apr 26, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Analyst, Financial Systems supports system-level analytics activities of a large integrated delivery system. Manages and supports complex projects and initiatives across the organization, which significantly impacts business results, and requires a large degree of cross-functional participation/coordination. The incumbent in this position leads and supports the implementation of Finance owned information systems and works in close collaboration with Information Systems supporting many of the same or similar projects and deliverables. Actively contributes to organizational initiatives in the development of business intelligence (BI) tools.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Designs, builds, maintains, and tests finance owned systems.
- Gathers requirements, designs solutions, and builds applications to meet specifications.
- Develops corporate KPI definitions, documents the source and develops the supporting SQL.
- Determines root cause analysis of data quality and process issues.
- Collaborates with users to refine requirements, develop specifications, coding, unit testing, user acceptance testing, documentation, and implementation.
- Facilitates department efforts to analyze and document processes by applying existing information technology solutions and proposing potential new solutions.
- Develops, configures, and modifies moderately complex application requirements.
- Designs codes/configures, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains programs/applications.
- Participates in or leads application upgrades and implementation. Coordinates all testing phases of associated applications during implementations and upgrades.
- Reviews upgrade documentation related to data features and released reporting content; determines steps to implement applicable changes.
- Creates documentation of business requirements, current and future state workflows.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with end-users, customers, and business partners.
- Resolves incidents, identifies problems, and documents resolution in ticket management system, escalating as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge in clinical and/or technical workflow trends.
- Develops and aggregates analytical content sourced from the EMR and the ERP.
- Creates reports using a third-party report writing tool, to display data.
- Analyzes, provides specifications for, tests, and writes reports. Engages with users to determine reporting requirements.
- Develops relational and multidimensional database queries.
- Supports multiple projects in building data models and visualizations as required.
- Reviews Foundation System reports and identify appropriate technological solutions and advanced analytics needs with report consumers for various reporting needs.
- Identifies and reviews appropriate technological solutions for various reporting needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Data Analytics, or related field preferred.
- Certification in applicable Epic application required within nine months of hire.
- Current Epic New Version Training (NVT) in applicable application required.
- Industry relevant License(s) and/or Certification(s) preferred.
- Healthcare financial or IT experience in acute care or ambulatory care setting required.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
- Strong understanding of healthcare business processes and technology.
- Proficient with SQL and relational database concepts
- Basic understanding of clinical workflows and terminology. Working knowledge of IT solutions and interfacing.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.