File Room Clerk-Full Time Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-6217
Job Department: 4054312 MIF-Women's Imaging
Job Posted Date: Nov 12, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to maintain confidential patient x-rays and records in an organized efficient manner that assures the prompt retrieval and delivery of information to the customer. The File Clerk manages films, reports, order forms, film sign-out records, and other information that is pertinent to the timely and effective care of patients.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares and maintains patient films, film jackets and loaner films, records, and logs in an organized, efficient, and confidential manner in accordance with the department’s procedure manual.
- Responsible for digitizing, using systems to fix exceptions, and loading CDs.
- When releasing films, obtains the appropriate written authorization per HIPAA guidelines and checks them out according to departmental standards.
- Operates a vehicle in a safe, proper manner to include following all Virginia DMV traffic rules and regulations at all times.
- Re-fuels, checks oil, and other vital components of a vehicle as needed.
- Answers telephones courteously and professionally by the third ring.
- Listens to voice mail as soon as possible.
- Responds to all phone or fax requests for films, reports or other information immediately or within pre-established time frames.
- Interacts effectively with Imaging Center for Women and Central film Archive Associates, physicians, and other customers.
- Assists the Radiologists by periodically removing order forms and films from the reading area, obtaining comparison films promptly, and in other ways as directed.
- Helps maintain Primordial list, pushes exams to Radiologists, and prepares addendum's for Radiologist interpretation.
- Performs routine clerical and support functions as directed by the Film Room Supervisor to facilitate smooth and effective Film Library operations.
- Distributes final reports of all procedures to the ordering doctors including faxing or mailing of reports as necessary.
- Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and materials, including film jackets and loan preservers, mailers, etc. to ensure their continued availability and non-interruption of services.
- Performs Film Library procedures on all patient age groups and maintains competency as evidenced by completion of an annual Competency Based Orientation Tool for File Room Clerk.
- Remains proficient in the use of NOVIUS, PenRad, and other Radiology or Information Management systems as needed.
- Participates in performance improvement activities for the Film Library utilizing the FOCUS PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) approach to improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a patient care setting, preferred.
- Position is not required to operate or maintain a motor vehicle on behalf of Mary Washington Healthcare or Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine