Exercise Physiologist, PRN, Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 4Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-5283
Job Department: 2004060 MWH-Cardio Health & Fitness
Job Posted Date: Sep 10, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is responsible to develop, implement and evaluate exercise prescriptions and programs for inpatients and outpatients. These responsibilities include the performance of educational, consultative and administrative tasks within the Department. Other duties include the facilitation of quality patient care, promote wellness and enhance the quality of health care services available at the Hospital. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public and our co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements exercise prescriptions and programs for inpatients and outpatients to promote safe, effective rehabilitative exercise programs.
- Implements and teaches established programs and procedures, such as stress test procedures, to meet patient needs.
- Assists in the process of orientating and training of staff and students in order to develop understanding and skills.
- Understands and remains proficient in the use of equipment and machinery used in programs to ensure effective operation and continuous availability for patients.
- Participates and evaluates educational programs to enhance understanding and development of "wellness" attitudes and practice for hospital Associates, patients and community members.
- Maintains inventory of necessary supplies, materials and equipment to ensure effectiveness of operations.
- Develops and implements systems to enroll prospective patients into Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation. This would include insurance verification, gathering patient medical records and patient scheduling.
- High school graduate or equivalent; Bachelors degree in Exercise Science preferred.
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required
- AHA ACLS required in three months
- ACSM Test Technology certification preferred.
- One (1) year related experience for all qualified clinicians preferred.
- This position provides services to and demonstrates the knowledge and ability to meet
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine