Executive Assistant, MWH-Hospital Administration
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-5180
Job Department: 2007201 MWH-Administration
Job Posted Date: Sep 02, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to perform and manage the secretarial and clerical support services as well as to provide administrative and special project support to ensure effective ongoing department operations. Assists in the integration of administrative functions with other hospitals and/or corporate functions, by providing exceptional support for leadership by completing various administrative functions to increase the time the leaders have available for executive level responsibilities. This work requires the exercise of discretion and judgment which includes handling a wide variety of confidential work and situations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Supports executives and department though administrative support.
- Organizes, prioritizes, tracks and carries out tasks and assignments requiring judgment and discretion.
- Administrative support responsibilities require the ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks, independently while completing secretarial tasks, which may include drafting of letters and memos, drafting and creating presentations, generating reports, and dashboard management.
- Maintains and coordinates executive and other members of the department’s daily appointment calendars’, ensuring that all arrangements, materials, research, tools, and any other material the executive may need is planned for.
- Helps to ensure that the executive(s) and department leaders meet deadlines, appointment, events and meetings on the calendar.
- Coordinates departmental projects, using project management tools to ensure tasks are assigned, resources available, and deadlines met.
- Provides support for various meetings in making arrangements, catering, and travel schedules.
- Works in partnership with others to ensure all needed parties are able to attend.
- Provides clerical support for the meeting in creating meeting materials, taking minutes, tracking assigned tasks, and other special projects as assigned.
- Is able to write and prepare different types of correspondence, minutes, reports, and presentations, both formal and informal to meet audience needs.
- Interfaces effectively with hospital executives, Trustees, department directors, physicians, Associates, and the public, facilitating effective administrative performance and presenting a positive public image.
- Demonstrates courtesy and above average skills in telephone techniques and disbursement of appropriate information.
- At times will make judgment to screen and schedule calls, refer calls and emails appropriately, and discern need to alert executive of matters needing immediate attention.
- Using internal accounting standards, codes purchases and invoices appropriately, prepares check requests in accordance with contract, prepares travel documentation, and flags for executive review and signature.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree or professional certification preferred.
- Acceptable certifications: Paralegal, Legal Secretary, Administrative Assistant
- At least five years of secretarial experience required, in a health care environment preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Project management experience preferred, or experience coordinating multiple projects simultaneously.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office to include Excel, Word and PowerPoint required. Knowledge of Publisher and Visio, and Lotus Notes is preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine