Epic Principal Trainer-FT Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Professional (Non Clinical)
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-891
Job Department: 1007101 MWHC-IS Administration
Job Posted Date: Nov 11, 2020
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Epic Principal Trainer (PT) is responsible for designing, building, testing, and maintaining all aspects of end-user training for the assigned Epic application, to include the build of course curriculum, training materials, and classroom training. The PT will assist operational departments in their workflow processes through building, updating, and maintaining applications that are tailored to meet the needs of the organization. They will learn and be a content expert in Epic’s capabilities and functionality and will apply their knowledge of patient care workflows to assist in the implementation and maintenance of a system that meets process needs.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Designs, builds, maintains, and tests applicable systems.
- Develops, builds, maintains and tests applicable course curriculum, and training materials for the applicable Epic application.
- Develops and maintains an in-depth understanding of workflows to properly develop training curriculum and related materials.
- Builds, tests, and maintains the training environment.
- Ensures all classroom training and related training materials adhere to current policies and procedures.
- Educates credentialed trainers and super-users who will assist with end-user classroom training.
- This will include monitoring the trainer’s adherence to course curriculum, knowledge of application workflow, and overall Epic system knowledge.
- Leads training efforts stemming from application upgrades and updates.
- Coordinates closely with analysts to develop proper training in consideration of all end users roles, whereby ensuring effective training in advance of application updates and new version releases.
- Provides hands-on support to system end-users with learned application knowledge and documents application issues.
- Participates in testing and workflow validation of all new systems and modifications before implementation into the production environment.
- Maintains knowledge in clinical and/or technical workflow trends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education, Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a related health care role and/or knowledge of physician/hospital/clinical workflow
- Must master both the applicable Epic application and the relevant operational workflow
- Ability to maintain professionalism and react to customers appropriately, while exhibiting the highest level of customer service
- Ability to work independently and as a team member across multiple disciplines and teams
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as solid interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop, document, and ensure adherence to technical standards
- Ability to understand customer requirements and their impact on technical directions of a solution
- Ability to spend significant time leading classroom training, presenting materials clearly and confidently
- Basic understanding of clinical workflows and terminology
- Ability to write and edit curriculum for roles that require training
- Ability to create and update training materials and job aids
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage one’s own work independently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools Healthcare clinical or IT experience in acute care or ambulatory care settings
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical, education, informatics, computer science, information systems, business computer systems, or related field
- Strong understanding of healthcare business process and technology
- Working knowledge of IT solutions and interfacing a plus
- License and/or Certifications Required:
- Certified in applicable Epic application or certified within six months of hire or placement
- Current Epic New Version Training (NVT) in applicable application
- Relevant industry certifications
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.