City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-4156
Job Department: 2008010 MWH-Engineering Services
Job Posted Date: Jul 06, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to perform a variety of duties associated with equipment maintenance and repair to facilitate continuous, safe operations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of equipment on a routine and scheduled basis to ensure continuous, safe operations.
- Equipment includes, but is not limited to ice machines, tube system, mechanical equipment, furnishings, refrigerators, wheelchairs, etc.
- Perform effective routine maintenance and repairs on equipment to minimize down time.
- Measure and record levels of medical gases and fuel oil on a routine, scheduled basis to maintain a safe environment.
- Maintain departmental records and readings to ensure timely, accurate documentation of departmental operations.
- Notify supervisor of any emergency or urgent equipment or facility-related conditions that require immediate attention.
- Respond to in-house service calls throughout the hospital.
- Assist Utility Team (ex. HVAC Technician, Power Engineer, etc) in support of maintenance and repair of various equipment.
- Equipment includes, but is not limited to fire suppression system, fire alarm system, electrical system, HVAC system, domestic water system, boilers, chillers, cooling tower, generators, medical gas pumps, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent, required.
- Minimum one year of related experience, preferred.
- Acceptable driving record, a valid driver’s license, and meet criteria for Mary Washington Healthcare’s Driver Suitability, preferred
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.