Endocrinology Practice Manager
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Healthcare Leader
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-3701
Job Department: 4906151 MWMG-Endocrinology
Job Posted Date: Jun 11, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Practice Manager is responsible for ensuring the efficient and cost-effective operation of a physician practice(s), including the delivery of exceptional customer service. The Practice Manager will partner with physicians and senior management to manage day to day operations effectively and efficiently.
The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day operations of an office or offices, ensuring that established policies and procedures are being consistently followed and needs of physicians and patients are consistently being met. Including: Ensures smooth and efficient patient flow, minimizing patient wait times; Ensures appointments are scheduled according to defined protocols. Ensures medical records are maintained in an organized, up-to-date and confidential manner; Ensures all phone calls are answered and triaged according to defined protocols and handled in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Facilitates the smooth integration of new physicians into the practice, working with other departments and agencies as required; coordinates activities related to physician recruitment and credentialing.
- Analyzes practice’s systems and procedures, recommending and implementing changes, in conjunction with senior management, that enhance quality of patient care, increase operational efficiency and/or support the delivery of affordable care.
- Coordinates purchasing of supplies and equipment, working within established budgetary guidelines and obtaining required approval for expenditures as appropriate.
- Conducts routine staff meetings to address operational issues and facilitate teamwork.
- Works with other managers to share successes and learn best practices.
- Promotes and supports the development and maintenance of positive morale throughout assigned office.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to address practice needs, ensuring that written policies and procedures exist for all essential aspects of practice’s operations. Revises and monitors ongoing compliance with procedures and implement corrective action as necessary.
- Establishes and implements goals for assigned practice and subordinate staff.
- Manages performance of subordinate staff; provides counseling and initiates process for disciplinary actions as required.
- Hires and terminates staff, ensuring assigned practice is appropriately staffed with the appropriate number of well-performing FTEs. Prepares cost justification for any requested additions to staff.
- Acts as a liaison between assigned practice, external physician groups, payors, hospital departments, departments of the health system and local employers.
- Provides input on public relations and marketing efforts for assigned practice.
- Assists with the creation and modification, as necessary, of job descriptions for employees of the physician practice.
- Prepares and presents reports to accurately reflect operations of assigned practice to the VP, Physician Practice Operations.
- Participates in budget preparation process. Reviews financial statements for assigned practice on a monthly basis and prepare report of significant budget variances, including corrective action plan as required.
- Meets regularly (at least once per month) with physicians of assigned practice to review billing and financial data, discuss operational issues, etc. Prepares meeting summary for submission to Executive Director.
- Responsible for monitoring revenue cycle functions within assigned practice. Ensures appropriate policies and procedures are in place and followed in each office to ensure revenue maximization.
- Serves as liaison between internal and external (contracted vendor) revenue cycle assets.
- Responsible for monitoring regulatory compliance issues.
- Responsible for all aspects of office maintenance and coordination with the landlord. Coordinates practice interests in any renovations to facilities.
- Maintains working knowledge of and assists in coding and charge submission.
- Collaborates with the Physicians and Human Resources in the areas of recruitment, hiring, orientation, discipline, professional development and evaluation of all office employees.
- Serves as a role model for customer service and support staff in this process.
- Investigates and responds to all verbal and written patient complaints.
- Attends meetings as required and participate in committees as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two years of managerial/supervisory experience in a health care setting required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience communicating and partnering with Medical Staff and Community Providers required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Coding experience preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.