City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 36Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-4406
Job Department: 2001500 MWH-ED-Administration
Job Posted Date: Jul 20, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to provide clinical and technical support procedures, assist nurses and medical staff to ensure quality care and perform clerical, communication and other related duties to facilitate the efficient functioning of the Care Center services. Duties and responsibilities are performed according to standards outlined in the competency based evaluation tool. The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates performance according to expectations and standards set by position description.
- Demonstrate collaborative relationship with MWHC/ED staff, nursing and physicians, both verbally and through accurate documentation.
- Provide assistance to nurse in collection of patient data and specimens.
- Provide assistance to nurse/medical staff by performing designated patient care procedures.
- Participates in unit and MWHC infection control plan and performance improvement process.
- Assists in QI activities.
- Assists the Manager with Regulatory Readiness as needed.
- Participates in unit risk management plan.
- Demonstrates effective communication, customer service, and team building skills.
- Accepts responsibility for professional growth, development, regulatory requirements and education requirement at the department level.
- Maintains licensure or certifications conducive to the position held during employment.
- Demonstrates ability to perform clerical responsibilities by using the hospital's information systems.
- Transcribes physician's orders to appropriate document Enters patient charges into Soarian and follows up as appropriate.
- Coordinates scheduling of patient tests, diagnostic procedures, and transports.
- Reviews patient chart to ensure all procedural documentation and consent forms are present.
- Posts patient diagnostic results in the patient’s chart.
- Maintains procedure/test documents and files.
- Answers telephone promptly using excellent Customer Service skills
- Performs data entry into Soarian data base systems
- Facilitates communication between diagnostic/testing area, patient care area and families
- Performs duties related to admissions in pre-admit tracking.
- Performs selected patient registration activities.
- Demonstrates effective communication, customer service, confidentiality, and team building skills.
- Answers patient call light system.
- Communicates patient and family requests to appropriate personnel immediately after receipt of request.
- Responds and carries out patient and family requests when appropriate.
- Functions as a Customer friendly unit receptionist for Associates, Physicians, patients, family and visitors.
- Facilitates physician and department consults until task is complete.
- Maintains a safe and orderly environment.
- Coordinates equipment/supply needs in collaboration with the Supply Agent.
- Assists with cleaning and maintaining equipment.
- Notifies appropriate department of equipment malfunction.
- Initiates emergency procedures as directed.
- Performs any other duties as appropriate, including duties of other care team members.
- High School / GED required.
- Current Virginia State EMT Certification and/or National Registry required.
- AHA CPR certification required.
- One (1) year EMT, military corpsman or clinical related experience preferred.
- AHA ACLS, PALS certification preferred.
- Successful completion of hospital's pre-placement/employment evaluation.
- Must successfully pass Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) Orientation and Hospital approved Medical Terminology test within 90-days of employment.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.