City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Support Services
Position Hours: 40Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-3615
Job Department: 2008010 MWH-Engineering Services
Job Posted Date: Jun 02, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to install, maintain and repair electrical equipment systems and circuitry in assuring efficient and safe operating conditions.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist Sr. Electrician in performing electrical preventive and casualty maintenance inspections and tests on electrical equipment systems and circuitry to determine operating condition and need for repair including adjustments, repairs and replacements.
- Assist Sr. Electrician in determining the cause of electrical malfunctions and performs corrective repairs, replacements and installations to restore safe and efficient operating condition and to comply with building and electrical codes.
- Prepares preventive and casualty maintenance reports and complete work order sheets to provide electrical equipment systems history.
- Prepares purchase requisitions for equipment, parts and supplies to facilitate repairs and replacements.
- Estimates job costs and recommends equipment and spare parts purchases.
- Responds to in-house service calls to assess problems and assist with solution.
- Assists in the maintenance, monitoring and repairs of fire alarm and emergency power systems to ensure safe, effective operation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in construction or maintenance, required.
- State license required within three years, required.
- Acceptable driving record, a valid driver’s license, and meet criteria for Mary Washington Healthcare’s Driver Suitability, preferred
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.