EKG Diagnostic Technician - PRN, Day
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Patient Services
Position Hours: 4Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-3131
Job Department: 2004050 MWH-Diag. Cardiology (EKG LAB)
Job Posted Date: May 03, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The EKG Technician performs Electrocardiogram (EKG) studies to effectively diagnose cardiac abnormalities.
The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to Associates, patients, physicians, and the public.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs EKG studies on both inpatients and outpatients and documents critical results.
- Reviews, completes, and processes all EKG studies utilizing the electronic EKG program.
- Completes STAT orders and keeps routine requests updated.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and materials necessary to perform patient care procedures.
- Assists in maintaining the proper functioning of all EKG machines throughout the hospital by performing daily checks and reporting issues to the Biomedical Services department, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree preferred.
- BLS certification required.
- One (1) year direct or related experience in patient care preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.