EEG Technician, PRN, Days
City/State: Stafford, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 8Apply
Job Requisition Number: R-3784
Job Department: 2504530 SH-Electroneurodiagnostic Lab
Job Posted Date: Jul 19, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position will perform electroneurodiagnostics procedures (testing) with physician orders and with clinical review by a Specialty Electroneurodiagnostics Technologist(s). Duties and responsibilities are performed in accordance with department and national standards for the performance of electroneurodiagnostics testing. The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public, and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Conducts routine testing as outlined in department scope of practice, policy and procedures, quality assurance standards, and CBOTs.
- Routine testing includes but is not limited to: Electroencephalogram (EEG), Brainstem Auditory Evoked Potential (BAEP), Visual Evoked Potential (VEP), Electrocerebral Silence Study, 24 or 48 hour ambulatory EEG, Prolonged EEG
- Conducts Advanced (Specialty) Testing as outlined in department scope of practice, policy and procedures, quality assurance standards, and CBOTs.
- Performance of advanced testing is done at the discretion and under the observation of a Specialty Electroneurodiagnostics Technologist.
- Advanced testing includes but is not limited to: Somatosensory Evoked Potential (SEP) Selects and verifies integrity of equipment and troubleshoots to ensure quality testing.
- Prioritizes/organizes workload to promote quality and expedient testing.
- Interfaces professionally and effectively with physicians, fellow staff, and other disciplines to evaluate and modify testing as needed.
- Provides patient instruction (and education as applicable) and evaluates the patient’s response to testing.
- Responds appropriately in emergency situations.
- Maintains a safe and orderly environment.
- Demonstrates effective communication, customer service and team building skills.
- Accepts responsibility for professional growth and development (in collaboration with the Electroneurodiagnostics Lab).
- Attends classes, seminars and training sessions designed to promote quality testing and foster team and individual growth
- Participates in quality and performance improvement processes.
- Assists Specialty Electroneurodiagnostics echnologist, Lab Director, and physicians (as applicable) in activities that add value to positive patient outcomes and improve hospital operations.
- Documents patient information pertinent to testing to ensure comprehensive, timely, and accurate recording, accounting, and reporting of clinical findings.
- Participates in on-call testing rotation(s) as established by Specialty Electroneurodiagnostics Technologists, Lab Director and physicians.
- Performs other duties as identified by Specialty Electroneurodiagnostics Technologists, Lab Director and physicians.
- Attends meetings as designated.
- High school graduate or equivalent – required.
- Minimum 12 months clinical experience in field of Electroneurodiagnostics – preferred.
- Graduation from an AMA EEG Program – preferred. Successful completion of CBOT within 90-day probationary period.
- American Heart Association CPR certification required at time of hire.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.