Echocardiographer Technician - Full Time, Days
City/State: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Category: Clinical Professional (Allied Health)
Position Hours: 36Apply
Position Shift: Day/Evening (United States of America)
Job Requisition Number: R-4642
Job Department: 2004055 MWH-Echocardiography
Job Posted Date: Oct 13, 2021
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to perform echocardiography evaluations and effectively identify cardiac and/or other physiological anomalies. Additionally, this position will be the primary assistant to physicians with invasive and non-invasive cardiac clinical procedures related to the field of echocardiography. This position must support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public and our co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs echocardiograms, stress echocardiograms, transesophageal echocardiography and other studies to assist physicians in identifying cardiac and/or other physiological anomalies.
- Records patient anatomy, reports physiological aberrations and suggests additional procedures for the physician’s consideration to optimize diagnosis and expedite therapeutic interventions.
- Prepares reports and accurately documents the provision of patient procedures in accordance with department policy.
- Initiates preventive maintenance and minor repairs on medical devices in accordance with department and hospital standards.
- Maintains supply inventory.
- Monitors the development of technicians in the application of various echocardiography procedures to ensure compliance and effective patient care.
- Participates in the training and education of technicians and others to develop understanding of the discipline.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- High school graduate.
- Graduation from an accredited echocardiography training course.
- Associate’s degree in medical science.
License and/or Certifications
- AHA Healthcare Provider CPR.
- One of the following: Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS), or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS), or Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS), or Canadian Registered Cardiac Sonographer (CRCS).
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Working at Mary Washington Healthcare
Whether you are a new grad, experienced clinical professional or wanting to begin a career in healthcare, there is no better place than Mary Washington Healthcare. As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company we treat our Associates like family – with respect, understanding, and communication.
Safety is our top priority
As a healthcare system, patient and Associate safety is our priority which is why all Associates will be required to take the following vaccines*:
- Annual flu vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine